Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Most of Eason's locations are still plugging away with this in RoI, as are the O'Connell St newsstands and FP takes a mountain of them (including a large number of pull orders, apparently).  That's pretty good, given the space pressure from newer partworks like Dr. Who.

Tombo

They haven't been on the shelves of the Middlesbrough WH Smiths for at least a month now, I get mine put in a drawer for collection.  I did see a small stack of them on a shelf in the stock room of FP though so other people may be ordering it in through them.

Proudhuff

Picked mine up at RsMcColl in St James Centre as per usual, all looking (and smelling) Good!
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Reading Total War at the moment (my book seems fine so far, some pages with heavier-than-usual-text is all) - bloody hell that's still an incredibly gripping tale.  McNeill's art on Terror is a perfect segue from America, and may just be my favourite work of his painted period - some of the colour compositions and Dredd faces in particular are just spectacular.  And that's to say nothing about Flint's three big nuke splash pages, which remain some of the most amazing images from the strip's history.  And I'm only halfway through!

Quick query: is Terror Logan's first appearance? 

James Stacey

I still think Total War is the best Dredd has ever been. Everything about it is fantastic.

robert_ellis

Loved this book - the follow up stories are great. Does Nimrod appear in other stories?

terryo

Any Aussies on the thread? Got Mandroid and Cursed Earth in the post last week. Read C.E. for the first time... what a ripper! I knew I'd love the Bolland art but was surprised at how much I enjoyed Mike McMahon's work... gorgeously messy as opposed to Bolland's precise linework. $20 well spent! Started Mandroid last night and it is amazing too. I have so much to look forward to!

So I'm hoping for the bookends soon... any Aussies got them yet?

Dash Decent

Haven't seen the bookends yet but Shamballa was the last one I received, with coasters and replacement mug & badge.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

IndigoPrime

I'm wondering if the UK support team has changed. A much longer process to get a replacement this time, and I've noticed support people are signing their messages on Facebook now. (First response was on Sep 21. I've been told a replacement will ship within two weeks.)

Radbacker

bit spotty at my newsies here in the West of OZ but I picked up Mandroid the other day.  These first ones have been picked perfectly, they're all pretty spectacular stories and some of the finest examples of Dredd material around.  It was good to finally read Block Mania/The Apocalypse War in its whole form, I've got most of it in back issues I've picked up here and there but don't have Block Mania and am missing several parts.  Its a ripper of a big bang story with some pretty decent set pieces.  It's also great to have stuff like Origins, America and Mandroid in nice big hard cover books too.  I just wish my local was a bit more regular with them I know I've missed a couple.

CU Radbacker

TordelBack

As I was lovingly shelving my Total War volume I was struck by what an incredible run the first three (numerically) books are.  America-Democracy-Total War, with such an interesting spread of supporting stories - I think the eternal question of what to give a prospective new reader may well be answered.

SuperSurfer

I thought this had disappeared from WHSmiths and wondered if it had been ousted by the Hachette DC series but I spotted Total War in a branch nearish to me on Saturday, hidden away next to a counter.

Much as I love the series I can't read them quickly enough. I have eight which are still shrink wrapped and one I have only read a few pages of. Think I need to fill-in my collection with about five volumes.

I jotted down a list of missing ones on Sunday as was in town. Popped into FP but forgot the darned list.

terryo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 05 October, 2015, 08:30:40 AM
Haven't seen the bookends yet but Shamballa was the last one I received, with coasters and replacement mug & badge.

Shamballa? Weird. I got the next two volumes over a fortnight ago. You might need to send Bissette an email.

robert_ellis

To the Aussies supporting the Mega Collection - please try and get past The Heavy Mob issue - it's all been pretty great except that one! And some issues have really been superb, especially Oz

Jade Falcon

Another book I hadn't read before, and what a book.  Really, who would want to live in Mega-City One.  If you only total the disasters it's suffered in the books published in this collection alone.

No wonder they want the Judges to be more emotionless when I'm surprised more haven't blown their brains out, though I understand that PSI Judges are more vulnerable that way.

Anyway...

Any info on if we'll get any of the following.

Helltreckers.  I know, not a Dredd book, but in the universe as was Devlin Waugh and Shimura/Hondo City.
Judgement/Vendetta whatever on Gotham.  I'm not sure if copyright issues would allow it.
Young Death.  I seem to have this idea that this storyline has a bit of a mixed view about it, but I've read and enjoyed it.  I imagine if it does appear it will be in the inevitable two parter Necropolis.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov