Main Menu

Al Ewing breaks DC.

Started by O Lucky Stevie!, 28 July, 2012, 04:24:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

Sadly not with a Major Event entitled The Infinite Ronnies (that would be appropos for Marvel  ;)) but as part of an impressive list of contributors to the latest Vertigo anothology.

http://www.vertigocomics.com/comics/ghosts-1

Check out this all-new anthology from some of the biggest talents in the industry! Stories spotlight a space heist on a ghost ship, a spirit who wants to play synthesizer in a techno band, a ghost-for-hire haunting agency and others dark, twisted tales.

With stories and art by some of comics' greatest talents, this special features a cover by Dave Johnson, and a variant cover by Brendan McCarthy!

Written by:

Geoff Johns
Joe Kubert
Gilbert Hernandez
Paul Pope
Neil Kleid.

Art by:

Rufus Dayglo
Gilbert Hernandez
Phil Jimenez
Joe Kubert
Jeff Lemire
John McCrea
Amy Reeder Hadley.

Cover by: Dave Johnson.

Variant Cover by: Brendan McCarthy.

Color/B&W: Color.

Page Count: 80.

U.S. Price: 7.99.

On Sale Date: Oct 31 2012.

Along Grandville: Bete Noir & the ninth volume of Charlie's War October 2012 is shaping up as a ring-a-ding red letter month for comics.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

gdwessel

Erm.... I'm not seeing Al's name anywhere here.

Colin YNWA

Yeah am I being dense here but I'm not seeing Mr Ewing on that list or on the linkie?

The Adventurer

I just checked, Ewing's definitely in the Previews Catalog listing.

Frankly I would have bought it just for Joe Kubert, Paul Pope, and Rufus Dayglo. So Mr. Ewing is just icing on that sweet cake.

Though we were promised a Paul Pope comic in the last Vertigo Anthology (I want to say... Mystery in Space?) and we didn't get it. So the line up is clearly subject to change.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Proudhuff

So farewell then Droid E-Wing...
DDT did a job on me

Zarjazzer

No! Don't let them take him away and turn him into anything unnatural.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Professor Bear

It was great having Al here, wasn't it?  Now he's in the door at DC, pretty much all he has to do is not punch anyone and wait until they fire everyone else writing books - or everyone else quits - and he'll get a go on something sooner or later.  If current DC is any indicator, I give that roughly seven months.

Well done, Al!

The Adventurer

Al Ewing for Legion of Super-Heroes writer!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK