Main Menu

Brightburn

Started by Richard, 26 June, 2019, 08:44:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Everyone should see Brightburn immediately. That is all.

Mardroid

I saw it last Sunday, actually.

I did find it a bit predictable, and got a bit bored half way through but it was pretty good overall.

It did actually make me jump a couple of times and it's pretty creepy. Anyone thinking this is another superhero or even a supervillain story*.... it isn't. [spoiler] Its a horror story which plays with Superman's origin story as a starting point.[/spoiler]

* Although I guess a supervillain story [spoiler]could be a horror story. If you watch it, I think you'll see why I made the distinction, though. This is to superhero/villain stories what Alien is to sci-fi.[/spoiler]

Rately

I enjoyed it, and think that a sequel could improve on the premise, especially the idea that he is at the forefront of an invasion, and eventual destruction of Earth.

Really had some lovely moments, though a bit too gory for my liking. And as a younger man, I never thought I'd say / type that.  :lol:

shaolin_monkey

It was watchable enough, but all the best bits were in the last 30 seconds.

GordyM

It kind of reminds me of Unbreakable in that come the end it feels like you've only really seen the first act of a much bigger and more interesting story.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file