Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman's Superior Cousin

The Meg has finally turned up, but not this week's Prog
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Barrington Boots

I'm guessing no physical subscribers have had 2209 yet?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 27 November, 2020, 09:59:18 AM
I'm guessing no physical subscribers have had 2209 yet?

I've not yet. Our copies of The Phoenix are also coming very late. Which is a sure sign of problems as they arrived like clockwork before, even at the height of the first lockdown, when they actually arrived earlier than normal typically. I think its not landed on a Friday only twice since March, that is before the last two weeks when its been 5 or so days late both weeks. Using that as a barometer I'm expected the Prog to arrive 5 - 7 days late (from Saturday) and that's cool. Fingers crossed we get to the bumper X-Mas Prog and things will sort themselves out over Christmas.

Southstreeter

2208 has arrived! 13 days later than the old days, and 9 days later than they've recently been arriving. Be nice to see 2209 (and indeed the Xmas prog) before the year's out.

broodblik

Quote from: Southstreeter on 27 November, 2020, 12:18:46 PM
2208 has arrived! 13 days later than the old days, and 9 days later than they've recently been arriving. Be nice to see 2209 (and indeed the Xmas prog) before the year's out.

So you do not worried about 2110 and 2111?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

CalHab

My 2208 arrived yesterday. The Meg arrived the day before. I suspect these delays will be with us well into January.

Richard

The Monarch

this is just depressing now is glasgow like on the royal mails avoid list? it feels like i haven't gotten any mail in days let alone progs

The Monarch

and like that 2208 is here  :lol:

Colin YNWA

And 2009 has just landed to boot in Sheffield.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 November, 2020, 03:10:03 PM
And 2009 has just landed to boot in Sheffield.

The postal service is horrendous in your valley
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Ah, good to know about timings. 2009 not here yet, but I did get 2008. All mini-IP's comics (Beano; Phoenix; Lego Explorers) arrived in one lot on Monday. She was very happy about that!

The Monarch

I was gonna say is sheffield part of the gateaway to the bermuda triangle

Tjm86

Well close to Saturday.  Maybe 2208 will finally grace us with its presence. 

Not holding out much hope mind.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Monarch on 27 November, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
I was gonna say is sheffield part of the gateaway to the bermuda triangle

No Sheffield is (kinda) gateway to the Rhubarb Triangle... which from the south is true...

Also victim to my appalling grammar.

QuoteAnd 2009 has just landed in Sheffield, to boot.