Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

1st: City of the Damned
2nd: Trifecta
3rd: Mechanismo
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Man, this is really getting tricky now.

After sitting there since round 1, Chief Judge's Man (along with more recent front-runner Mechanismo) finally bows out of my ranking in favour of:

Wilderlands. Shame it couldn't have been all Ezquerra/Hairsine, but when I think back on it in my head it sort-of is! You don't hear this one talked about too often so I wasn't expecting much when I reached Case Files 21, but I loved it! Dune sharks, spaceship crashes, murderous Mechanismo, McGruder, the Nomen - all great stuff. Just wish we'd had a return visit to Hestia.
Sin City - Not massively remarkable but damn solid, and a personal favourite. Scores big just for being the most artistically consistent story here!
Trifecta has to score something just for sheer inventive aplomb, even if some elements of it didn't quite work (the villians' plans made little sense, and the final episode where everything came together fell a bit flat). But still, damn. Cold Deck is superb, Enormo Overdrive is classic Mega-City insanity, and it gave us Sensitive Klegg. So why doesn't it score higher? Because it also killed Travis Perkins, that's why, and I'm still not over that.
@jamesfeistdraws

DrJomster

1. Trifecta (the new kid on the block, with some pretty special moments, not to mention THAT initial reveal)
2. City of the Damned (just)
3. Mechanismo (legacy importance and all that)

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

TordelBack

BPP

Am genuinely loving that Tordelback - the man who disagrees with me on modern Dredd writers - is a fellow City of the Dammed supporter.

*hugs*
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Have we finally stopped the march of two that have been with us since the start? Is it finally over? Not sure but it might be. Either way if you want to help determine that, or just want to shout out for the stories you love vote today and I'll wrap this one up in the morning.

GoGilesGo

Sin City - Edge-of-the-seat story and razorsharp art

Trifecta - Glorious...and I own a an original page of Carl Critchlow's from this

City of the Damned - first prog I ever picked up was 2nd episode of this so makes the top 3 for sentimental reasons

The Enigmatic Dr X

1 City of the Damned
2 Mechanismo
3 Chief Judges Man
Lock up your spoons!

Rogue Judge

Trifecta sound popular...I haven't read it unfortunately. For Dredd, if it's not in case files 1-36, restricted files or in the prog/meg from the past couple years, I haven't read it yet.

I migh have to seek this one out, as its likely years away from being collected in the case files.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

1. wilderlands
2. chief judge's man
3. mechanismo

I, Cosh

01. Sin City.
02. Wilderlands
03. Trifecta.
We never really die.

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Counts and recounts needed for this one but we have a verified result (I hope) which was very close for the all in important 4th spot. And more importantly finally

https://youtu.be/D475j4sZyz0

... well kinda. This one was very interesting but with no more a do.

Progressing to the next round:

Trifecta - 39
Mechanismo - 30 points
Wilderlands - 25
City of the Damned - 20 points

Going into the 36 - 29 position play off:

Sin City - 19 points
The Chief Judge's Man - 5 points
Die Laughing - 0
Helter Skelter - 0

So the march of two Epics that have been with us from the very start is over for one of the thrills. The other marchs on - just. We have a new front runner.

Also two of the stories here have got no votes, which has never happened before - we've had the odd one or two or never two in the same round. The final vote for positions will be very interesting.

Anyway join us tomorrow when some big hitters and personal favourites join the race.

Leigh S

Doesnt the fact that those two didnt even get votes at the primary stage make them worse than poor Dead Ringer, lumbered with the wooden spoon just because it was in the first batch?

Didnt get round to voting in this round, but wouldnt ahve changed a thing - sad to see Sin City go, but I;d have given more to CotD, so the result would have been the same!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Leigh S on 10 March, 2021, 06:23:53 PM
Doesnt the fact that those two didnt even get votes at the primary stage make them worse than poor Dead Ringer, lumbered with the wooden spoon just because it was in the first batch?

Yeah as i said its not a perfect system. I did have a very convoluted one where we got all loser into a different sort of play-off... but it was so over complex I gave up on it. To be fair would Die Laughing and Helter Skelter have got points against the weaker opposition in those earlier rounds? We'll never know... or will we...???