Main Menu

Neil Googe or Jim Baikie - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 3

Started by Colin YNWA, 05 May, 2021, 06:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrJomster

Googe 4 Baikie 1 for me.

Baikie is great, for sure, but that lovely Googe clean line work really works for me!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Dog Deever

Lokomotiv Googe 3 Baikie Wanderers 2
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Ah look, Googe is brilliant and I feel bad about this, but I'm thinking Skizz, the end and aftermath of Oz, and, while I know I should stick to the prog, Bloodfang.  Neil is clean, modern and polished, and more power to him, but I miss the scruffy, grizzled and scratchy 70s school of comic art that Jim was a part of.

Jim 4, Neil 1.

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dog Deever

That Hondo City Justice in the Meg was pretty damned fine too.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dog Deever

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 May, 2021, 03:29:50 PM
Quote from: Dog Deever on 06 May, 2021, 03:12:57 PM
That Hondo City Justice in the Meg was pretty damned fine too.

Oh, aye:

That's when I really started to pay attention to his stuff- fantastic perspective, flying glass everywhere, masterful line quality and just really, really dynamic. Normally, I'm not a fan of Mangafied art but there are always exceptions and Neil Googe is one of those. Grand stuff- more please, Greenbonce.

maryanddavid

Colin YNWA

This vote just has a day to run so if you haven't vote yet get that vote in today and I'll count up first thing in the morning.

That also means its time for me to vote. As I said in my opening I gained a real appreciation of Neil Googe's art on my recent re-read and I adore his art. Its therefore not his fault that he's come up against one of my all time favourite and the artist I was most disappointed didn't make the tourney proper back in November. Its testament to how good Googe is that I can't make this a white wash and have to go:

Neil Googe 1 : Jim Baikie 4

Sean SD

rogue69

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

The show must go on... I guess...

There was little doubt about this one, which I guess underlined my amazement that Jim Baikie didn't make the tourney back in November. Where there's been much love for Neil Googe he has come up against one of the most udner rated masters from the history of the comic. So Classic take the lead and looking at the ties to come their dominance seems like it will hold for a while...

Current Team 1 : Classic Team 2

Current Team 150 : Classic Team 175