Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2023

Started by Dash Decent, 11 November, 2021, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

All we know so far is that it contains "the complete run of Dice Man".

"Originally published during the adventure gamebook boom of the 1980s, Dice Man has never been reprinted in its entirety before, but now the complete run of Dice Man magazine is presented in this massive collection. Using dice and a pencil, you will become Judge Dredd as he faces off against the Dark Judges, or guide Nemesis the Warlock as they race through the Torture Tube, or help Sláine steal the Cauldron of Blood from the Tower of Glass."
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IndigoPrime

Judge Dredd looking good, there, to (just) clinch the annual MC-1 characters 5K winner's medal.

AlexF

Now there's a Cadet Dredd story idea I'd read the hell out of

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the prog in February 2023:

Incredible SF action from the Eisner-nominated UK anthology! Judge Dredd tracks down a wanted xeno-criminal in "The Hagger They Fall"; secrets are revealed in Proteus Vex: "Crawlspace"; Cyd flees across the galaxy in The Out Book 3; the final series commences of time-traveling epic The Order, "Heart of Darkness"; and there's more explosive action in Joe Pineapples: "Tin Man"'!

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Coming to the meg in February 2023:

More action and adventure in the future-shocked world of Judge Dredd! 1970s New York clashes with 22nd century Mega-City One in Judge Dredd, plus the latest instalments of Storm Warning, the Dark Judges, Devlin Waugh, and Surfer Book 2. Plus the next chapters of Judge Dredd: Year One and Mega-City Two, interviews, features and much more!

Batman's Superior Cousin

The Order's ending...? Ooh, interesting!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 22 November, 2022, 12:55:59 PM
The Order's ending...? Ooh, interesting!!

Makes me sad but its great to see the series get to what I hope is a natural conclusion. I await nervously.

Southstreeter

I'd happily see The Order carry on for many more series, but my biggest worry was that it would fizzle out unresolved (John Burns isn't getting any younger and is probably due some well earned retirement). I do hope we get a proper conclusion - hopefully at the end we see the original Ritterstahl being sent back in time to start the whole business off.

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 22 November, 2022, 03:42:54 AM
Judge Dredd tracks down a wanted xeno-criminal in "The Hagger They Fall"

He's back!  Trapper Hag, M.D.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: broodblik on 22 November, 2022, 03:43:46 AM
1970s New York clashes with 22nd century Mega-City One

Sounds good.  Tales of the Undercity or Starsky & Hutch released from Sus-An?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

The Corinthian

The Order's got... quite involved.

I'm wondering how they'll be able to wrap it up in just one series.

broodblik

Quote from: The Corinthian on 23 November, 2022, 08:04:48 AM
The Order's got... quite involved.

I'm wondering how they'll be able to wrap it up in just one series.

Maybe it is going to be a 27 mega-epic run :) plus and prologue and an epilogue

Barrington Boots

The Order to run for the entirely of 2023.
I also can't see it being wrapped up in one series. We were all saying it needed to start finishing, I hope when it does it does the story justice. The early bits are brilliant.
I also hope we can keep John M Burns, and get him drawing something else beautiful, preferably with period costumes in it.
You're a dark horse, Boots.