Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

After being denied its intended site - by the fecking parish priest from his pulpit among others - a very nice sculpture (with a touch of Hicklenton and O'Neill) finds a home.  That first lot didn't deserve it.  https://www.thejournal.ie/puca-the-burren-5797347-Jun2022/
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Funt Solo

Nice sculpt, that!

---

Meanwhile ... Supreme Court ruling expands US gun rights.

Makes me do this in my mind:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

By-election results:

Tiverton and Honiton - conservative loss to the Liberal Democrats (first Tory loss since the seat's creation).

Wakefield - conservative loss to Labour (part of the 'red wall' taken by the tories in 2019).

Oliver Dowden, cabinet minister and co-chair of the Conservative Party resigns...

Richmond Clements

The USA has gone full Gilead. It's fucked as a country, IMO.

Richard

Yup. This is only the start. Clarence Thomas has said they'll go after other rights next, including gay marriage.

Funt Solo

Definitely a problem when one branch of government (the judicial - Supreme Court) is led by the religious right, the legislative branch struggles to do anything significant due to cemented partisan politics (whereby one side has devolved into open adoption of big lies and conspiracy theories) and the executive branch is under direct threat by Trump's still-active fascist agenda.

---

Nice to see the Tories struggling.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Angry Vince

Roe v Wade has been overturned.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-supreme-court-overturns-roe-v-wade-abortion-law/QZKY4ARZ6LXYNTC3XWE3OBBM4U/

And that doesn't look like it will be the end of it -
"Justice Clarence Thomas, part of the majority, called on the court to overturn other high court rulings protecting same-sex marriage, gay sex and the use of contraceptives."

Full on Gilead indeed
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Jim_Campbell

As I saw someone observe elsewhere on social media: Clarence Thomas' insistence on referring back to the supposed intent of the original framers' of the Constitution in the 1700s would preclude his seat on the Supreme Court entirely, because he would still be regarded as property, not a person.

I'm genuinely unable to process this.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

I hear ya.

All these women cheering in support of having control over their reproductive organs overturned. In a lot of those states, now, if you were raped and impregnated, you'd have to carry the baby to term - and the rapist would have the same rights as any other father. It's seriously fucked up. And it's all being driven by people who believe in a magical sky-being who gets off on child sacrifice scenarios.

Back to laughing like the Joker.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Nationalist-Christians are taking over America.

It's easier if you shorten it to Nat-Cs
You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Mister Pops on 24 June, 2022, 11:51:52 PM
Nationalist-Christians are taking over America.

It's easier if you shorten it to Nat-Cs

Nicely done.   The majority of the American people support abortion rights.  But never mind that - the Land of the Free doesn't work that way any more.  As the Exploited once said, fuck the USA. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

or, ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayitsworldwouldfallapart, as the manics had it.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I don't think those French fellas over at Libération magazine approve of recent developments

You may quote me on that.

JayzusB.Christ

Very grim, but all too accurate.

The Doctor Alt 8

Not in the same league but might lighten up proceedings

https://youtu.be/dpITyDIIz_k?t=132