Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Brink vs. Shako Rd 3 Heat 46

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 June, 2022, 06:32:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

The ties in Week 6 are a bit of a mixed bag.  A couple of very interesting ones that are hard to call mixed in with some very lopsided potential batterings and BOTH versions of Bill Savage making an appearance - but which will survive?

The very epitome of the modern thrill against the old school thrill here. Brink absolutely represents the very best of Thrills modern menagerie of might. A transformative thrill that exemplifies all that the Prog can be. It's only seen off Mercy Heights to date, but one suspects, assuming it survives here, it will see of better than that. Shako is all that was crazy fun about the earliest of Tharg's output. The sort of no holds barred unfiltered, brutal fun that defined and shaped the comic. Its seen off Middenface McNulty, but if it was to see off Brink, well who knows what the thrill could kill?

Brink - more info

Vs

Shako - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 18th June and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

Brink - it looks like Bridget will be the one to takedown Shako and not the CIA
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Aaron A Aardvark

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 15 June, 2022, 06:57:40 AM
Brink - it looks like Bridget will be the one to takedown Shako and not the CIA

Usin' this!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

sintec

Shako is good old school fun but it's no match for Brink

Blue Cactus

AlexF

No contest - Brink. No slight to Shako, but angry CIA goons and white toothy death can only sustain so many pages of fun. Somehow the setting, mystery and just plain day to day living on Brink never gets old.

rogue69

IndigoPrime

I mean, Shako was fine, in an old-school way, but it was no Hookjaw. Brink feels like its own universe and is one of 2000 AD's greatest modern thrills. No contest.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Colin, you're an utter bastard! Two of my favourite strips? How am I supposed to choose?

Brink. Because I want Brink to win this contest overall.

SBT

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 15 June, 2022, 01:03:40 PM
Colin, you're an utter bastard!

Its a bold but not unreasonable call!

Brink. Because I want Brink to win this contest overall.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 June, 2022, 01:37:35 PM
Colin, you're an utter bastard!

For me the wicked call so far was Kingdom vs Proteus Vex.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.