Main Menu

Prog 2310 - High Plains Shifter

Started by broodblik, 30 November, 2022, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

This can be one off the most frustrating times to read the prog almost all of the stories either comes to end or on its final legs and we have a lot of fillers. This can be either be a good or a bad times. Currently I can almost taste the turkey, but I cannot eat it. This prog was not bad, but I cannot wait for something new something different.

Dredd – A good start to another Niemand scripted Dredd story. Niemand knows his Dredd, and this reads like classic Dredd to me. We have two ex-perps whom after spending time in the cubes for a cage fight lining up for a rematch. Dredd is waiting and ready to spoil the party.

Terror Tales – Another one of Tomlinson's tales and so far, we had a real mix bag this one is alright but nothing special about it.

Enemy Earth – I am sitting in a cave and reading a story and I shout I HAVE READ THIS BEFORE and I hear a voice echoing my sentiment I HAVE READ THIS BEFORE, I Have Read This Before, I have read this before. This is how I feel about this story nothing new nothing different déjà vu: I have read it before.

Hope – We continue the misses' side of the story this round she tries to take the reel back as the episode ends with a showdown. It is interesting to see where Adams are heading with the story. This one was not as grim as previous episodes, still enjoying it. Will have to read this in a collected format which I believe will read much better than the weekly incarnation.

Fiends – The Fiend is back but this is the first adventure into the old West. This is more a prologue or setup for a new arc. I enjoyed this and Warren Pleece pleasantly surprised me with his interpretation of Fiends. So, bring on the next arc next year.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

norton canes

Yeah bit of an end-of-term feel already about this one, but the quality was pretty good - a Dredd every bit as readable and engaging as we've come to expect from its quizzically-monikered creator, a decent Terror Tale with a meta-ending of which Steven Moffatt would doubtlessly approve, Enemy Earth remaining relentlessly grim, Hope... continuing to weave its magic and Fiends era-hopping to another Pleece and time. I feel like all that's missing is a two-part Sinister Dexter of which the first episode is almost entirely a plot recap.

The cover's excellent but I would never have recognised it as Tom Foster.

JohnW

I liked the Terror Tale far more than I usually like these things, and I like Nick Dyer's art the more I see of it.
Particularly tickled by [spoiler]the booze labelled WNKRD[/spoiler].
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Corinthian

Fiends feels a bit like it was planned as a one-off for an end-of-year prog but Tharg let it out two weeks too early.

IndigoPrime

Richard

I haven't and I was starting to worry, but then I noticed that we are still waiting for the 303rd of November so I'm sure it's fine.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Corinthian on 30 November, 2022, 07:24:58 PM
Fiends feels a bit like it was planned as a one-off for an end-of-year prog but Tharg let it out two weeks too early.

Yep nowt here either  but the postal strikes will play a big part in that I suspect.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 December, 2022, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: The Corinthian on 30 November, 2022, 07:24:58 PM

Yep nowt here either  but the postal strikes will play a big part in that I suspect.

Errr quoted the wrong post there. Curse my poor phone based posting skills!

IndigoPrime

Yep. Things are pretty random here too, hence checking. (Mini-IP got a Phoenix two days ago... and then another today. The Beano is all over the shop now. But it's been a very long time since 2000 AD arrived any later than the Saturday after it was expected, even with the strikes. Oh well – I have plenty of other things to read in the meantime!)

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I've been seriously considering resubbing- for thr first time since the early-mid nineties I think. And taking out a double prog/Meg sub for my eldest as well. However, the sheer amount of noise here about missing/ delayed progs (which has been going on for *years* now) sort of puts me off.

I know things have been a bit crap with regards to the post office for a few years now- for obvious reasons (and I don't mean the strikes, which I support, or indeed postal *workers* at all) but stuff going awry goes back half a decade or more. So, along with the niggling feeling that if I didn't buy my two progs and two Megs each time from WHS, WHS wouldn't stock them at all- which would mean even less of a chance a random punter might pick it up- I may well have just talked myself out of it.

I dunno. That badge is shiny and the Garry Leach mag is something I want in my collection. Can I stand the seemingly-frequent torment of going through town on a Wednesday knowing the mags I want to read could be bought, while I'm still waiting for mine?

Prog 2310 was a pleasure. The only thing I'm not fond of is Enemy Earth (largely for the art, which isn't to my taste), but even that is growing on me.

SBT

M.I.K.

Nowt here yet either, (though the Christmas Monster Fun showed up today).

IndigoPrime

It's been a very long time since I missed an issue, FWIW. And even then, 2000 AD shipped a new one right away (and even suggested I. It leave it so long to report an issue missing – I think I'd left it ten days).