Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 28 January, 2023, 09:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 28 January, 2023, 09:35:16 AM
James Gunn gives Doom Patrol and Titans their marching orders.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/01/26/doom-patrol-and-titans-cancelled-ahead-of-the-new-dc-era/

I'm sad about Doom Patrol but, frankly, the fact that we got four seasons of this is minor miracle in itself. I was also a little heartened to learn that the showrunners were given enough advance notice to allow them to write an ending, rather than the series just getting cancelled on an end-of-season cliffhanger, as seems to be the norm with streaming shows.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

That's a pity I liked Titans (& the one season of Doom patrol I watched).

Does this mean that it's just not commercially viable to do multiple seasons (5+) of the Superhero genre?

Personally I'd take 3/4 excellent seasons with 8 to 10 episodes in each and end it satisfactory! ** this would be exactly what I'd want from MC1 if it ever gets going**

I Especially like being introduced to characters I know little or nothing about.
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 28 January, 2023, 10:46:34 AM
That's a pity I liked Titans (& the one season of Doom patrol I watched).

Does this mean that it's just not commercially viable to do multiple seasons (5+) of the Superhero genre?

In this case, per the article, it's about clearing the decks ahead of the James-Gunn-helmed reboot of the DC cinematic/TV universe, with DC/Warner desperately hoping to get it right this time...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Trooper McFad

I await in anticipation then 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

rogue69

We may be loosing the Doom Patrol TV series but in March we get a new comic Unstoppable Doom Patrol