Main Menu

Your First Prog

Started by Max Kon, 12 March, 2004, 12:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

therev

Ssssinners!
I came on board with THE BEST EVER COVER for a Prog ...Prog 225.

Imagine being 10 and only having Look-In and the Beano to read...
http://www.2000adonline.com/functions/cover.php?Comic=2000ad&choice=225">

maryanddavid

i am with this weeks issue, readin for 1000 weeks,long time,but well worth it
david

W. R. Logan

>late 100's ,early 200's for me.

Rough idea of cover or stories inside?

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

markyh

My very first prog was 155 - an imaginary prize to anyone who knows what was unusual about that prog!

Max Kon

W. R. Logan

I do

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan

ming

zzzzzz...Clay, now you're gonna...DIE just like A...Artie!

Looking through the cover zone, I definitely remember picking up progs 68 and 74, but only started buying regularly with prog 200 (and made up that huge poster, so me covers are knacked)

Missed a prog occasionally in pre-subscription days, but I even managed to find them most weeks for a year in Oz back in 1990!

ming

MrRazorz

I'm FAIRLY sure it was Prog 381. Here's a reference to it I found on the net:

PROG 381
Judge Dredd - Dredd Angel v
Ace Trucking Co. - On the Dangle iv
The Ballad of Halo Jones vi
Rogue Trooper - Death Valley i
Strontium Dog - Outlaw! xix

That all sounds pretty familiar. It was definitely during the "Outlaw" storyline in Strontium Dog - Wulf Sternhammer & Co had just raided the Doghouse to rescue Johnny Alpha, if I remember correctly. And I think the "Death Valley" story in Rogue Trooper involved a forest full of blood-sucking trees...?

The Monarch

My second first prog was ironically prog 2000

moly

prog 167 terror tube prog

DavidXBrunt

At a guess I'd say 155 was one of the mere handfull of progs that suffer an absence of the law.

Pyroxian

A few issues before block-war started

Well, actually that was the first prog my _brother_ got - I bought my first one when he went of to uni, around prog 680

Steve

prah

I'm not sure if I bought any progs when I was younger, and I'm now owner of my cousins 2000AD annual from 1985. I didn't start collecting until 1302 (a late started, I admit), with a subscription from the 1330's or thereabouts.

I wouldn't be a squaxx if it hadn't been for the wave of nostalgia that washed over me a couple of years back - I'd just gotten back into Transformers and thought that tooth every week would be a nice bonus... and it still is :)