Main Menu

UFOs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 20 March, 2004, 07:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Firey-Bou

heres my other story; ( for those with nothing better to do that read stories )

1988-90 i lived in this tiny cottage with no road to it, it was set between cliffs & shore on the dark side of the loch, with the railway line at the end of the garden, i had to walk along the track 1/3 mile or so with my baby & toddler shopping sacks of coal etc to get there. across the loch 1/2 mile or so ,i could see this village, where i am now, so it was isolated yet Not. no neighbours for mile or so.

so one night i am woken by this roaring throbbing noise in the distance, one of those that vibrates the back of the head. i think jet plane? helicopter ? train ? it continues,slowley getting louder all the time, not a jet then ? maybe a hurricane thingy? one o those slow planes, But at night ? i get up & look outside i can see beams of light behind the rocks/hill to the west of house. the noise is really loud now, it must be past Achintee, passing Cam-allt, approaching my hill, the lights flicker & flash, my hearts starting to beat too fast, this isnt right... i switch of my lights & cuddle the terrified cat, stood in garden watching..
 i start to see lights peeking around the rock face, shining on the railway track, the noise is deafening, it must be a train i think, must be an incredibly LOUD train at a crawling speed, maybe its a track maintenance vehicle cos it was moving FAR too slow to be any sort of normal train. I watch the track waiting to see the anomolie come around the corner, those light beams blazing the noise screaming in my ears the trees & stuff starting to thrash around wildly....

lights emerge... but hovering 2or 3 meters ABOVE the railway track !!! a globe of flashing lights red, green, yellow with these white beams in all directions, this globe of lights edging closer to me....

"why me !! what do they want with me ?! "

This roaring flashing thing is watching me, theres eyes in it, it gets to the garden gate, I'm paralysed with terror, the cat runs like hell;.....

then i see it has rotors, & a tail, its a fucking heliciopter alongside my garden gate at 3 am, the pilot waves.

detective work the next day reveals that these guys were late getting back from a job at inverness & darkness came & their radar packed in, so they were navigating their way back to Skye via the railway line. fooking scared the bayjovus outta me !!!

JayzusB.Christ

I saw a UFO once. It was a (altogether now...) silver cigar-shaped object (though it kills me to describe it as such, that's what it was) which my friend pointed out to me through the window of our college canteen years ago. When I started to tell people what we saw, he denied it completely to save face, the dirty bastard, so I had to keep that one to myself.
Notice, skeptics, how I have not mentioned aliens or spacecraft - it was a UFO, as in it was an object that flew, and I didn't know what the feck it was. What do weather balloons look like anyway?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

Yeah, but sadly all personally UFOs are all identifiable by someone on earth.

As far as alien spacecraft are concerned, I think if there is anything else in the universe we will visit them before they visit us.

JayzusB.Christ

Not sure what your first paragraph means - how can you account for ALL personally UFOs? Like I said though, I haven't claimed to have sighted an alien spacecraft, and am skeptical enough to say that it was probably something that could be easily explained, though not by me.

As for your second paragraph, well, most scientific evidence (according to one skimming-through-popular-science book I read, anyway) suggests that humans ARE the only intelligent life-form in the universe. So you're right, until someone can prove otherwise.

And seriously - what DOES a weather balloon look like?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Generally Contrary

++And seriously - what DOES a weather balloon look like?++

Like a silver, cigar-shaped object capable of moving at apparently incredible speeds and changing direction instantaneously.

Mr C

They're all just coming here to buy 2000AD you know, it is the galaxies greatest comic.

Queen Firey-Bou

"sadly all personally UFOs are all identifiable by someone on earth"

aye it is all bunk isnt it, people seeing things in the skye that are un-explained, preposterous, come to think of it all that science fiction stuff is balderdash isnt it, stories about space & the future ? ha, pathetic. I'm off to the garderners weekly forum.

Matt Timson

"Yeah, but sadly all personally UFOs are all identifiable by someone on earth."

Assuming that you mean 'all UFOs are identifiable as being something from the planet Earth', I'm afraid not.

An object is only a UFO if it remains unidentified after extensive research- which of course many do.

Personally, I've no idea what I saw and wouldn't automatically assume that it was from outer space- only that it was airborne, manouvering in an unusual way and not something I've ever seen before or since.

Pffft...

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

Meaning everything spotted in the skies which may be unidentifiable by the viewer, can be identified and explained by someone else who knows about it.

Those people are not always to hand, of course, which means UFOs.

No idea what a weather balloon looks like!

Rob1971

At the risk of sounding barking:

I've stood directly underneath one outside my parent's home in south wales. It was extremely large, dark apart from three red lights in a traingular shape, and it made a low humming noise - it was incredibly quiet for such a large construction. It stayed hovering directly above me, my father and some friends for a good few minutes before heading off at walking pace. we followed it until it reached the local mountain and off it went. The next day the South Wales Echo had reports of people all over south wales seeing the same thing and the RAF claimed to have nothing in the area which matched its description.

Incidentally, a few years later I saw a book on UFOs and the exact same thing has been spotted over the west country on numerous occasions.

It was definitely no helicopter or aeroplane, and it had been made - it was no natural phenomenon.

The most likely scenario, for me, is the fact that the stealth fighter, stealth bomber and the SR71-Blackbird were all flying for some 20 years before being revealed to the public. There's bound to be top secret stealth aircraft out there that we know nothing about.

Basically though, I haven't got a clue what it was.

Rob

WoD

Saw something in the sky years ago which looked like a cyclinder that then became a dot and back to a cylinder (think of looking at a pencil and moveing it to an end-on position and then back again.  It also raised and lowered several times before dissapearing.  And for once with one of these type of things, I WAS NOT ALONE, and had a very cynical girlfriend with me who has saw it clearly.  It was day, clear sky, and slightly weird...

WoD.

hyper_vyper

I've never seen a UFO, but I've encountered ghosts
on several occasions. Does that count?

hyper_vyper

And i have seen them floating white orbs, too.
You know the ones, they're all white and floaty, and..well..orby.
They mention them on all the ghost documentaries
on the tevelision.

Hyper

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

Only if they were ghosts of the dead "Roswell"-aliens.

Queen Firey-Bou

hyper dude, theres a ghost thread somewhere, pray tell us your tales mate !