Main Menu

UFOs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 20 March, 2004, 07:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

So who's seen one then?

I did, many years ago... now given the conditions - saw it above a roundabout/service station on the A1 I reckon it was some that likely to be some weird trick of the light. But at the time it was very strange...

Oh I thought I was being abducted for about three seconds. Waking up in the middle of the night, flashing lighs, noise, someone in the room... turns out I was having one of those 'night terror' things during the middle of a very severe thunderstorm (hence the light and the noise). But for a few seconds as I was waking up... very very scary

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

There is an increasing amount of people coming forward with strange sleep-related episodes.

The peiod of time when the mind and body is in-and-out of sleep is an interesingly uncertain one - though that is all it is, you can see why it is a prime state for frightening experiences.

dweezil2

Believe i saw a U.F.O. above my, then, primary school. It was around 1979, in broad day light-the 'spinning top' shaped object hovered above the school, sending my class mates into a frenzy, before speeding off at an alarming rate. The kids were so distressed, that their screams alerted our class tutor, exited the staff hut, and stood gawping up at the sky with us.She later claimed it was aweather balloon. I wasn't convinced, but have yet to have a better explaination.
A similar siting featured on John craven's news round, around that too. And pupils had drawn pictures of the occupants, who had apparently exited the craft, which had landed in a nearby field! Spooky.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Queen Firey-Bou

wow Thats a good one dweezil !

i only saw some spurrious javelin shapes, very high up early one morning around 1981, the caught the morning sun & gleamed orange, i assumed it was jets & vapour trails, but there were two of them flying together & then they turned & the while streak turned similtaneously, like javelins.

sometime around the 80's there was a few UFO stories abounding, imagine remote area, But at the time there was this huge oil rig construction yard working around the clock, lights blazing 2000 resident workers. a few blokes claimed to see UFOs but were too ashamed to admit to their mates until one guy was driving home after late shift, being tailed by lights up a narrow glen, he stopped to let the other vehicle pass on the single track road... nothing, then he realsied the lights came from above the car, he looked out expecting it to be a bright moon, possibly even a helicopter, & saw... some sort of ufo.. i forget his description frankly.... so terrified he drove like mad, it followed him, just above the car, he drove right thru our village out into the wilds, when his brain caught up with him & turned at the junction 4 miles out... still tailed... headed back to village, banged on first house door , then occupied by a gamekeeper & family, they saw the object too, he went inside house & grabbed shotgun ( as you do ) , jumped in landrover to chase object , which then suddenly darted right across the loch & whooshed up high into skye other side of glen. The first blokes a very dour down to earth bloke, ive worked along side him treeplanting, apparently he's never been quite right since & i was told not to mention it , cos he freaks !

the conspiracy theory at the time was that it was cold war ruskie wierd secret technology spying on the construction site. who knows.

BUT the interesting thing to me is that the Glen where he first saw this thing, has 3 folklore stories associated with it, a ghost , 3 elves & the devil. Now this isnt simply because its a spooky narrow glen with a waterfall, cos theres LOADS of similiar glens with winding roads thru them.  
I once thought i saw a standing stone up in the cliffs, so i scrambled up the rocks, disapointedly discovered it was only a natural rock feature, 200ft above the road or so, turned around & HOLY SHIT !!  i was looking down on a real genuine golden eagle only feet below me, one of the most awesome sights eveh, & no it wasnt a buzzard, its wing span was biggern me & WOW it shined in the sunlight, the very air around it shimmered it was beautiful !! i clung to the rocks gobsmacked & watched it wheel up & away into the crags above. So its a magic glen as far as i'm concerned.

pauljholden

Was it large and orange and did you happen to be near any large reflective surfaces ... if so I think I may know what it was...

- pj :P

Tarantino

I've been interested in ufo's all my life and have about 40 books on the subject.

My first experience was in 1983 when I was working in D H Evans on Oxford Street. We were in the canteen at the top of the building when somebody pointed to a bright star like object hoovering above some distant buildings. We watched it for about 20 mins and it never moved. We then went back to work.

My 2nd experience was in Crouch End (North London) This was about 11 years ago. I was walking in the street at about 8pm and I noticed about 6 orange lights in the night sky, all close to each other and moving in the same direction. I pointed them out to two guys walking passed and we watched them together. I then went home to get a camera but they were gone by the time I got back.

The third and most spooky was about two years ago. My girlfriend was sitting in the garden and called me outside. I went out and she pointed to a black oblong object in the sky. It was underneath a plane and I thought it was falling from the plane, as it was twisting in the sky but as the plane moved on we realized that the object was actually travelling across the sky. I then rushed inside to get my video camera but by the time I got back it had disapeared behind some buildings. When we were telling this story to our friends my girlfriend described a different shape to the one I saw, which was strange. The whole event had a real effect on me, I felt like I had seen something magic.

Tarantino

Leigh S

"I've been interested in ufo's all my life and have about 40 books on the subject."

Yeah, Tarantino, but are they all the same book?  

Sorry, couldn't resist! :P

ming

Back in 1977, I thought I had a 'close encounter' with what could be described as a flying saucer, but it turned out to be a Space Spinner.

Sorry

Ming

Tarantino

"Yeah, Tarantino, but are they all the same book?"

I guess I set myself up for that one. I really should be able to laugh at myself, at least that's what he judge said the last time someone took the piss out of me!!!

Matt Timson

I once saw a UFO while on my paper round one summer.  It was one of those crappy free papers where you deliver 300 once a week, so it was probably about 6.30-7.00pm on the last street before you leave the village.  Between the bit where the old houses end and the new ones start, on this street, is a field (at the time, all the houses on one side of the street backed onto the fields) and I was passing it, but stopped at the gate because I could see an orange light very low in the sky.  It looked like it was just over the treetops, but still withing the field, which meant that it was less than a quarter of a mile away (in fact, I didn't really have any way of measuring the distance- and it could easily have been a bigger object that looked as though it was above tree hight, but much further away).  I watched it for ages as rose higher into the air, then back down again- sometimes forward and then back again- but never dipping blow the trees.

I wanted to go into the field, but I was a bit scared and it meant leaving my bike, my papers or even both.  I thought about knocking on somebody's door and asking them to take a look- but I felt like a bit of a twat, so I didn't.  I even thought about going home and getting a camera, but I didn't think the 'UFO' would be there when I got back.

Believe it or not, in the end, wracked with indecision- I simply got bored and carried on with my round!  Chances are it was nothing (although I've no idea what it could've been), but I can't believe I didn't do anything at all.  I really regret that now.

Of course, I regretted it a lot less the first time I watched 'Fire in the Sky'...
Pffft...

GeraldBostock

Funny this should be mentioned today - I just applied to be a UFO investigator in Glasgow...

Queen Firey-Bou

wooooo cool job !? how does that work ? who funds the post ?

Mr D

Hm... never seen a UFO, but I did try to fake pics using frisbees and plant pots when I was 6...

W. R. Logan

Saw more than one episode but was never really a fan 8-)

http://www.ufoseries.com/hardware/skyOne1-thumb.jpg> http://www.ufoseries.com/hardware/skydiver-thumb.jpg> http://www.ufoseries.com/hardware/interceptors-thumb.jpg>

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

GeraldBostock

"wooooo cool job !? how does that work ? who funds the post ? "

Well I don't think it's quite as good as you think. I'm pretty sure it's not paid, I don't know much about it yet they haven't replied to my email. I guess it'll be a voluntary thing where people report UFO sightings then the investigator would visit them when they have time. Still interesting I think, don't see any reson not to give it a go!