Main Menu

No advent calendar this year? Let's have something else.

Started by Colin YNWA, 22 November, 2020, 05:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Pete Wells

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 November, 2020, 10:25:12 AM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 23 November, 2020, 10:19:56 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 November, 2020, 10:13:43 AM

Damn I was hoping to be showered with gold, drugs and the nakes flesh of beautiful people - bloody Covid!

We'll get onto Amazon and sort something out.
I'll contribute something to the kind-of-advent-calendar.  Where's Wellsy these days anyway?  He was the best of us.  Well, one of the bests of us, anyway.

He was, he certainly was that. Last I chatted to him he was busy with lots of other exciting things and was generally moving away from 2000ad - he was losing his love of the Prog a bit and so was drifting. He's on Faciebooks and he seems super well and lovely as ever their. Just has other priorities from what I can gather.

Hello chaps! Sorry about this, and thank you for the lovely/cheeky words!

I'm afraid "More than lovely" Colin is partially right, in terms of I have other very exciting priorities at the moment and am just too busy this year. In an annoying "not allowed to talk about it yet" way, I'm currently working on my DREAM, hopefully life changing project (sadly not 2000AD related, but, as everything is, certainly inspired by it!) It's just about nearing completion that is taking up ALL of my time, for which Mrs Pete is delighted. I promise I'll share it with you all early next year.

Where "More than lovely" Colin was not so right, was me 'losing my love for 2000AD a bit.' I'm missing Wagner a lot, but still giddily rush to the Prog as soon as it arrives and absolutely devour it! I DO hope to be more present on here again once the aforementioned 'Operation Monkeybum' is completed...

I DO have an idea of my own for this years' calendar, so I will try my very best to contribute. It just might not be as erm... professional as other years!

Love you and miss you all!

P.S. I'll still do the Prog and Meg Covers of the Year compos!

Colin YNWA

I throw myself furlungly at your feet begging forgiveness for misrepresenting you oh Mighty Wells. May you find it in your giant and lovely heart to forgive your humble servent.

Pete Wells

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 23 November, 2020, 01:57:27 PM
I throw myself furlungly at your feet begging forgiveness for misrepresenting you oh Mighty Wells. May you find it in your giant and lovely heart to forgive your humble servent.

Well, forgiveness might cost a kiss and a cuddle at the next con, my friend!

sheridan

Quote from: Pete Wells on 23 November, 2020, 01:30:49 PM

Does Sheldon have something to do with the new secret project?  For those missing Pete Wells' dulcet tones - have a link.

JayzusB.Christ

This is like when the Stone Roses were spotted going into a recording studio after their 5-year disappearing act.  Although, of course, Ian Brown has turned out to be a bit of a gobshite and Wellsy's still sound.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Pete Wells

Quote from: sheridan on 23 November, 2020, 02:31:16 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 23 November, 2020, 01:30:49 PM

Does Sheldon have something to do with the new secret project?  For those missing Pete Wells' dulcet tones - have a link.

I couldn't possibly say...

Oh, has anyone ever watched the Mr Bean cartoon? They're good animators aren't they...? I'll just leave these here...

NapalmKev

A snail, some pirates and a mermaid... I reckon Pete is moving to Penzance!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

TordelBack

Who would have thought Hookjaw would be the first Rebellion animated series.

Dandontdare

aha ... he showed me something mermaid related at the last TB, so I reckon I know what that's about!

shaolin_monkey

Nice one Pete! Looking fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished product!

AlexF

Don't know if this counts as an Advent Calendar alternative, but I have resolved and indeed made necessary preparations for the Heroes of 2000AD Blog to run all through December!

- Going to post two new entries per week, and more over the Xmas/New Year break - and following the Space Spinner getting ahead model I have indeed already written and scheduled them. The end is in sight - I'm drawing the line of 'hero' at a count of 50, which I figure is enough stories to fill a year's worth of Progs.

But that's not enough!
On the 3 off days between new Heroes entries, I'm also running another Blog ranking the Judge Dredd epics. By my criteria, there are 52 in total...
I'll post links to that tomorrow once the blog itself goes live.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.