Main Menu

Block Mania is back!

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 November, 2020, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norton canes

I wouldn't expect a board game with mostly cardboard components to be priced at much in excess of £30. And expansions are generally priced a little lower than their 'parent' games. I certainly think anything over £60 would be quite steep for these two games.

sheridan

Quote from: sixmo on 26 November, 2020, 02:06:09 PM
I am intrigued to see if any extra rules will be included in these editions. The kind of thing that might have been described in White Dwarf maybe.

White Dwarf had some additional rules, which are included in the new edition.

TordelBack

Quote from: norton canes on 26 November, 2020, 03:35:19 PM
I wouldn't expect a board game with mostly cardboard components to be priced at much in excess of £30. And expansions are generally priced a little lower than their 'parent' games. I certainly think anything over £60 would be quite steep for these two games.

I'd guess it might go a bit higher for what's likely to be a pretty limited run, but fingers crossed.

Funt Solo

Chainsaw Warrior also had some extra bits published in White Dwarf. Loved the production design on that one.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Barrington Boots

I think I still have Chainsaw Warrior here too.
Post COVID 80s boardgame meetup anyone?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

sixmo

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 26 November, 2020, 05:09:40 PM

Of course Chainsaw Warrior is uniquely suited to lockdown being a single player game! For those who haven't had the opportunity to play that game it's essentially a boardgame version of a first person shooter computer game. It appeared years in advance of anything similar on a computer and it featured lots of Brett Ewins art. The Warrior himself looks like what Kano would look like if the Krool never got their hands on him.

Does anyone know what happens in Block Mania if you daisy chain on any extra blocks beyond the two in the original game and the two in Mega Mania?

"All units respond! Major sector-wide confront in progress!"

moly

Order place and thought it was a great price, looking forward to getting this

Colin YNWA

Snagged one - only £30 - so very happy with that, bottom end of what I was expecting! Don't see Mega Mania yet though. I got the impression they would both be out at the same time - but that might be me reading too much into things!

CalHab

I also ordered it. Something to look forward to once my board game group can meet up again.

sheridan

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 26 November, 2020, 05:09:40 PM

Sounds good - but where?

Quote from: sixmo on 26 November, 2020, 08:13:01 PM
Does anyone know what happens in Block Mania if you daisy chain on any extra blocks beyond the two in the original game and the two in Mega Mania?

"All units respond! Major sector-wide confront in progress!"

Yep.  Not me though.  I've seen photos of a game at a convention where there were a high number of blocks (can't remember and can't check as I'm in my lunch hour at work - and work computers block selected gaming websites).

sixmo

Quote from: moly on 27 November, 2020, 12:11:17 PM
Order place and thought it was a great price, looking forward to getting this

Where are you ordering this from? I can't seem to find the blasted thing!

shaolin_monkey

sixmo

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 27 November, 2020, 12:30:35 PM
Try this:

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/UNPL0001

Aha! Got it. Thank you!

Now there's just one question: "I'm with Rowdy Yates Block! Who are you fighting with??"

sixmo

No sign of Mega Mania, but then I didn't have much luck finding Block Mania initially either. Anyone spot it?

TordelBack

Decent price indeed, but for some reason I was expecting the two to be bundled together.