Main Menu

Thank you cards for presents under the Thrill-tree

Started by Colin YNWA, 01 December, 2020, 06:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

So the 'Thrill-Tree' can be all about our gifts to the forum I've started another thread where we can give gushing praise to the acts of creativity we will hopefully see under there. So please if you like on anything you see why not pop a post here to bestow praise on the creative wonders I'm hoping so many will share.

TordelBack

AlexF

It really is! Still waiting for Rebellion to make those Brashill plushy dolls a reality. You know, for my 3-year-old  :D

Colin YNWA

A massive HAZZAH to Funt Solo for the wonderful Grid of Power (as we know knowledge is power). Who knew Toxic had so many issues - I thought it fell apart quite quickly? Shows what I know.

Funt Solo

Oh, aye - Toxic! started strong with Marshal Law, Accident Man & The Bogie Man. (Muto Maniac is a bit dull and The Driver is gratuitous.)

By the end, it's terribly weak, though. You can see why it failed.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

I do love that Toxic! delivered on a promise to aim comics squarely at children that even adult readers might have found offensive. Psycho Killer! Sex Warriors! Ban this sick filth!

Colin YNWA

Fantastic picture (and video) from David Broughton - great way to capture the first year or Dredd. How did you do it David? Was each character drawn individually and then those pictures overlayed onto one image to be inked from final 'mash-up' pencils?

So you started 1978 yet?

David Broughton

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 December, 2020, 06:33:56 AM
Fantastic picture (and video) from David Broughton - great way to capture the first year or Dredd. How did you do it David? Was each character drawn individually and then those pictures overlayed onto one image to be inked from final 'mash-up' pencils?

So you started 1978 yet?

Hi Colin, that is exactly what I did. Here is a slightly different digital montage of the pencils with all the separate pencils that I didn't include in the Judge Dredd charity finished inks.  This was mainly because when I positioned them digitally, I felt that they were too small to ink on a picture 297 by 420mm in size. I knew I was going to put a lot of work into the bigger figures and so I didn't want to risk ruining the whole piece. Also I was filming it (this is a new skill for me so post production in my movies are basic at the moment.) which was added pressure. I think I have managed to get something from every Dredd year one story in the picture.

Bolt-01

Fantastic! David always delivers the goods - he really is a top talent.

Colin YNWA

Thanks David - that wider piece is even more impressive!

Now get on with 1978...

TordelBack

Truly incredible drawing, David: and not just the art, the ingenuity involved in your selections. Only another 42 to do...

Colin YNWA

A massive thank you to Shaolin Monkey for once again showing that he's the best of us.

If you've not seen the WONDERFUL prizes he has on offer for his raffle go check them out and then give him loads of money.

That link again

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ukcomicfansxmasnewyearraffle

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 09 December, 2020, 04:39:10 PM
A massive thank you to Shaolin Monkey for once again showing that he's the best of us.

If you've not seen the WONDERFUL prizes he has on offer for his raffle go check them out and then give him loads of money.

That link again

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ukcomicfansxmasnewyearraffle

Thanks for your kind words, but in all honesty I am just copying Eamonn's example. Plus it's everyone who donates who makes the difference.

TordelBack

Bozhemoi, Colin!  Every year your Calvin & Hobbes strips get better, but this one is really extraordinary. I want to read more!

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 December, 2020, 02:02:07 PM
Bozhemoi, Colin!  Every year your Calvin & Hobbes strips get better, but this one is really extraordinary. I want to read more!

Seconded! The [spoiler]eye patch on Calvin's mum [/spoiler]is perfect!  :D :D