Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Festive Front Tourney - Full Colour Years

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 December, 2020, 06:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

...which is of course wrong but 'Full colour years before we get to those squarebound end of year thingies in year 1999' won't fit in the title of a thread. So talking we're talking 1991 - 1998 here...

Pick your top 2 by simply popping the years you think have the best covers in a reply to this thread. I'll close up voting Monday 7th December (if my timings are right?!?). Count up and the top cover will go through (I've explained that somewhere...) to the knockout stages.

Any questions just ask.

1991 - Prog 763 - Larger image

1992 - Prog 815 - Larger image

1993 - Prog 867 - Larger image

1994 - Prog 920 - Larger image

1995 - Prog 972 - Larger image

1996 - Prog 1023 - Larger image

What the HELL is all the nonsense? Find out more about it all

TordelBack

1994 is a lovely piece of festive design,  slightly blemished by the herald robo-angels bringing tidings of Soul Gun Assassin.

And while it's a particularly weird chin, I like the story it tells, so 1991.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

WhizzBang

Everybody has chosen 2 so far so I assume that is the rule, my second choice is 1992.

rogue69

credo

AlexF

'9s is objectively the best cover here, but I'm voting with my gut, which means 1996 for the pun factor, and 1994 for the cute factor. I miss the Men in Black, sometimes.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Bolt-01

Tomwe

Voting 1992, and 1994 for the very before-its-time chibi characters (what do I know, the artist was probably inspired by Manga I just hadn't seen).

1995 and 1996 properly making me form the Dredd gurn. I do not miss this period at all!

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

1991 and 1994. Both make me smile, for completely different reasons. Very grumpy Old Man Steptoe Dredd is hilarious though. Love it.

SBT

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Rogue Judge

1992 and 1993 thanks. 1992 in particular is my favorite.