Main Menu

Mark Millar's CLINT

Started by Emperor, 04 May, 2010, 04:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

I'm afraid I have to agree with all thats been said. Clint has gone down hill allready, which is a real shame. I'll probably not bother with it from here either. If I had more money, I would buy the meg over this any day.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

chris_askham

Yeah, it's not looking good is it? My biggest problem with the magazine is the general editorial stance. I get that it's not aimed at me, which is fine. But this isn't even aimed at the youth / young adult market. It's aimed at fucking idiots. And fucking idiots don't generally read comics. And no matter how cool and 'down' with the fucking idiots Mark Millar gets, they're still not going to read his comics.

I'll probably give #6 a try and see how it goes. I enjoyed Nemesis, and American Jesus is good, Turf is nothing special but it looks okay, but The Pro is just dated (and it was likely dated when it was first published) and I wanted to enjoy Kick-Ass 2 but actually don't think I give a toss about it either way. And the 'Future Shocks' are like scripts that didn't even make it as far as Tharg's slush pile.

A shame really.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: chris_askham on 06 March, 2011, 10:11:21 PM
It's aimed at fucking idiots. And fucking idiots don't generally read comics. And no matter how cool and 'down' with the fucking idiots Mark Millar gets, they're still not going to read his comics.

This.

Goosegash

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but didn't Millar initially claim CLiNT was going to start off with big name creators as a hook to get people reading, and when the reprint material started running out, they would then gradually start phasing in content by new writers? Because, well, there doesn't seem to be much sign of that happening so far. In fact they just seem to be funnelling in more reprints. They're still only grudgingly giving a few pages over to newcomers, with Millar's mates always having priority. For God's sake, they had a strip written by Muriel Gray a couple of months back, you can't tell me there wasn't some nepotism involved there.

Emperor

Seems my local newsagent stopped stocking it after the big delay in the issues so I haven't got issues #5 or 6, so it looks I'm officially out as it doesn't seem worth busting my hump over - I might look them up on eBay at some point if I get curious.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

O Lucky Stevie!

Blimey, it's gone all pear-shaped quicker than Toxic did, hasn't it?

& Toxic was a weekly.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Matt Timson

I do wish that people wouldn't confuse an art style that they don't like with 'badly drawn'.  There's a difference.

Carry on.
Pffft...

SmallBlueThing

In that case, matt, nothing is badly drawn and there's no point discussing anything because it all ends up with 'we'll agree to disagree'. Alternatively, we could just agree that posting 'it's the worst drawn thing ive seen in professional comics since that dredd strip in the last case files, by lee (?) wotzisface' is my opinion- which it is- and that it's made even worse by the appalling, distracting, lettering. And leave it at that.
Carry on.
SBT

Brigantian

Threw the towel in with issue 4 after Tesco stopped getting it. It just wasn't worth the effort of traipsing to WH Smiths. I really wish it had been better and worth the effort. Shame (on me?). For the record I love The Boys and loved The Preacher(the comics you sods). Then again, I am a 47 year-old teenager. I'm growing old but you can't make me grow-up.

James Stacey

I gave up after issue 4. It's crap. I wanted it to be good, but it isn't. I expect after its high profile launch and mocking of 2000ad, its already a lot lower distribution.

Matt Timson

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 07 March, 2011, 11:15:40 AM
In that case, matt, nothing is badly drawn and there's no point discussing anything because it all ends up with 'we'll agree to disagree'.

Well no, not really. Obviously there is bad artwork out there, the same as there's bad writing, lettering and colouring.  I just think that, in this instance, you are confusing bad artwork with artwork that you just don't like the style of.

Quote from: SmallBlueThingAlternatively, we could just agree that posting 'it's the worst drawn thing ive seen in professional comics since that dredd strip in the last case files, by lee (?) wotzisface' is my opinion- which it is- and that it's made even worse by the appalling, distracting, lettering. And leave it at that.

Okay. You could probably stand to lose that massive chip on your shoulder, mind.

Quote from: SmallBlueThingCarry on.
SBT

Masive, MASSIVE chip...

Pffft...

Proudhuff

I do wish that people wouldn't confuse an opinions that they don't like with 'massive chips'.  There's a difference.

Carry on.
DDT did a job on me

Matt Timson

Quote from: Proudhuff on 07 March, 2011, 12:47:38 PM
I do wish that people wouldn't confuse an opinions that they don't like with 'massive chips'.  There's a difference.

Carry on.

I wish people wouldn't mangle the English language.

Carry on.

:thumbsup:
Pffft...

SmallBlueThing

You know what, matt? I really wish that my phone's version of the board had the same 'ignore' function as the actual website. Because then, like all your other posts for the last few years, i wouldnt have seen it.
SBT

Matt Timson

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 07 March, 2011, 01:08:01 PM
You know what, matt? I really wish that my phone's version of the board had the same 'ignore' function as the actual website. Because then, like all your other posts for the last few years, i wouldnt have seen it.
SBT

What is your problem with me, exactly Steve*?  Once in a blue moon, I'll dare to question something that you have to say and you immediately come back like some easily offended 12 year old.  I haven't quite worked out yet if you do this to everyone that questions your opinions, or if it's just me (and to be honest, I spent a long time ignoring you as well, so I honestly don't know).

Unless you do react the same way with everyone, then you clearly have got a massive chip on your shoulder where I'm concerned- and whereas I have no real leads as to why this is, it isn't the first time that you've overreacted to a perfectly reasonable observation that I've made- so it is worth pointing out, I think.

Other than that- please feel free to ignore me the old fashioned way, if that will help you to move on- but please do move on, Steve.  Life really is too short.

*rhetorical question- does not require an actual answer.
Pffft...