Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 23 January, 2011, 02:37:52 AM
I found her dead at the bottom of the cage when I returned this evening...

Sorry to hear it, Doc.  After this happened to our one-and-only budgie, we decided we didn't want another.

House of Usher

My in-laws' neighbours asked them to feed their hamster while they were away, but neglected to mention it was on its last legs. They went off on their trip, I got asked if I'd like to do the feeding, I went round there. "It's dead." We buried it in the back garden. When the neighbours came back we told them the news. "Oh, yes, we're not surprised; he was quite old and he hasn't been himself lately. We thought he could go any day." Okay. Thanks for not mentioning it beforehand.
STRIKE !!!

The Doctor Alt 8

Yeah well at least her caeg mate seems to be healthy...

Cost us more in vet fees than to BUY her!
But that isn't the point. A budgie can live up to 10 years but if they catch anything they can quickly go downhill.
She was only 4.

(Provided you put the bird in a box, putting it in the bin should be fine... I live in a flat so burial is not an option.)

Mardroid

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 24 January, 2011, 05:14:24 PM
(Provided you put the bird in a box, putting it in the bin should be fine... I live in a flat so burial is not an option.)

I wrapped it in newspaper (if I remember correctly).

I hope I didn't come across callous by the way.

The Doctor Alt 8

Albion

....my sister-in-law is dying, my brother is an idiot and my poor 15 year old niece is stuck in the middle of it all. Families eh?
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

mogzilla

Quote from: Albion on 25 January, 2011, 09:57:24 PM
....my sister-in-law is dying, my brother is an idiot and my poor 15 year old niece is stuck in the middle of it all. Families eh?

shit,that is crap. families are the bane of my life luckily i never se mine.

but saying that my little girl has gastroenteritis when i left for work this morning i'd  only just got the bus when my wife phoned to inform me mini had vomited all over the bed (my side of course!) and spent most of the day doing so. triage nurse at the gp was less than helpful or concerned about a 5 year old who has been puking since 730am and cant even keep a sip of water down...at the time of typing she has settled a bit and has picked up though the other end has started now!!!

i was informed that morgan had been very brave today (normally she has a major panick attack when throwing up) which basically translated as bring me a pressie dad. :)

IAMTHESYSTEM

Something un pleasent entered my system today. Felt very ill and was sure I was going to be chucking up but somehow it passed. Had to take afternoon off work. They won't be happy.

Feeling better after some sleep but my throats raw again. Flu 2?! I hope not.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

mogzilla

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 26 January, 2011, 08:44:42 PM
Something un pleasent entered my system today. Felt very ill and was sure I was going to be chucking up but somehow it passed. Had to take afternoon off work. They won't be happy.

i felt like that today but i'm putting it down to the absolute crap i've eaten over the past two days(giant mixed kebab with garlic bread with cheese,bacon sausage and egg butty on monday and mcdonalds on tuesday)

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

mogzilla

i had a nice chicken salad today and a long brisk walk to work to stave off the heart attack!  ;)

vzzbux

Quote from: mogzilla on 26 January, 2011, 08:51:26 PM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 26 January, 2011, 08:44:42 PM

i felt like that today but i'm putting it down to the absolute crap i've eaten over the past two days(giant mixed kebab with garlic bread with cheese,bacon sausage and egg butty on monday and mcdonalds on tuesday)
Why don't you report these bouts of food poison to the relevant agencies. A stool sample to the doctors should determine the cause. Lets close these rat infested places down.

V

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

mogzilla

it wasnt the food exactly more the amountand greasyness! as me dad would say "yer eyes are bigger than yer belly" :D and shit food tastes sooo nice though one of the nurses i work with sabotaged my morning joe by giving me decaff!!!! bitch! tho i must admit i do want to lose weight get fitter etc but the mind is weak

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Albion on 25 January, 2011, 09:57:24 PM

Shit, Albion...

mogzilla

hows the brother being an idiot ?