Main Menu

Big Finish 2000ad Audio Dramas no more

Started by CraveNoir, 22 January, 2005, 06:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

Just spotted this news on the Big Finish site:

With regret, we have to announce that with the release of Judge Dredd - Solo, the 2000 AD series of audio dramas has come to an end. Sadly declining sales have forced this decision upon us. The eighteen releases will continue to be available to purchase and subscribers with outstanding orders will be contacted shortly.

But as one door closes, another opens as the Dredd miniatures game, http://www.bigfinish.com

Max Kon

Oh thank God, I'm despirately short of cash at the moment

Devons Daddy

that is a pity
they where of a decent quality,

i always enjoyed them anyway. i have 12 of the 18
and will get the last six.
the SD ones where the best to be honest.
funny and quite real.

the dredd ones had some errors in terms of things dredd did in a pure sad comic fan boy mode i say that.
but overall. a very good series worth getting if you can,.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Floyd-the-k

Damn shame; they were all good, some were brilliant.  I've got the lot.
 The first SD was the best by far.
  a miniatures game is no compensation for me.

oh well, here's hoping for an animated series sometime

Richmond Clements

Bad news indeed, but I sort of saw this coming with the lack of any announcements of further episodes.
They really are very good indeed, and it's a smae they didn't get the support they deserved from fans who complain that there's not enough other stuff they can buy.

Devons Daddy

have to agree with floyd on the first SD one.
pure classic,

each actors voice perfectly suited to the character,the gronk being just as you imagine him to sound. midden face also wonderful with all the traits you would expect of him.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

DavidXBrunt

A shame but they pretty much said at the first Oxford Dreddcon that the line would end at 18. I still wonder about Gordons Rogue script and would love to read it even if it'll never be acted out.

paulvonscott

"They really are very good indeed, and it's a smae they didn't get the support they deserved from fans who complain that there's not enough other stuff they can buy"

I wasn't a huge fan of them, though I have the first 7 and all the ones with Strontium Dog in.  I feel I gave them a fair chance.  They never really nailed Dredd (writing more to plame than the voice for me) and, I increasingly wonder if its worth buying stuff not by the original creators.

Still, it was an interesting experiment, and they do always seem to be trying new stuff, so good luck to 'em.

longmanshort

Wonderful they may have been, but I'm afraid they were priced just too far beyond what I was able/prepared to pay for them. And the rather embarrassing re-emergence of my copy of the Radio 1 Judge Dredd serial merely put me off ever listening to a comic book-based radio production again :oS
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Oddboy

Yeah, ?10 a pop is a bit much IMO. I'd still like to get the Stronty ones though- I've heard the first one via the BBC Cult website.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Richmond Clements

The BBC site has the second SD adventure too, as well as a few of the Dredd ones.
All worth a listen.

Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/comics/audio/index.shtml" target="_blank">BBC 2k audios

Oddboy

Not that I'd condone such behaviour of course, but is there a way of saving the files once you've downloaded them to play? - I couldn't get the first one to stay on my computer :(
Better set your phaser to stun.

DavidXBrunt

Got number 18 today and I'm going to miss the range.

?10 is about the going rate for a spoken word C.D. of this price, especially as it's made for this medium and not a radio play being merchandised.

longmanshort

?10 is about the going rate for a spoken word C.D. of this price, especially as it's made for this medium and not a radio play being merchandised.

Oh I wasn't suggesting the CDs were over-priced per se, just that their price has been beyond what I could afford.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

judge dreddd

wow, i must collect all 18...where is ebay !