Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Rackle on 24 September, 2016, 10:41:04 PM
Hi, I've only just discovered this glorious thread and wanted to share the love. I look forward to further 2000AD adventures in Lego.

I also wanted to share a creation of my own concerning Lego and Judge Dredd, if that's ok.
Some of the forum have met him at the 2000AD Southern Contingent, but may I introduce Judge Thread:
my attempt at a knitted Lego  Judge Dredd, whom I created for Sheridan's 40th birthday

Thanks for the kind words, Rackle - and great knitting skills there!

sheridan

Quote from: Rackle on 24 September, 2016, 10:41:04 PM
Hi, I've only just discovered this glorious thread and wanted to share the love. I look forward to further 2000AD adventures in Lego.

I also wanted to share a creation of my own concerning Lego and Judge Dredd, if that's ok.
Some of the forum have met him at the 2000AD Southern Contingent, but may I introduce Judge Thread:
my attempt at a knitted Lego  Judge Dredd, whom I created for Sheridan's 40th birthday

Edit: Whoaa that image was huge - let me resize and send again

Judge Thread also made it on to the official 2000AD Online Tumblr after a Forbidden Planet signing featuring Pye Parr, Matt Smith, Al Ewing, Ben Willsher and Mick McMahon.

ming

I managed to get another thing built this week: Mick McMahon's classic Pat Wagon design from Block Mania.  I'm pretty happy with how this turned out; within the constraints of what bricks (and colours) were to hand, I got as close as I could hope to the look of what I was aiming for (see Prog 237).  If I get chance I may add a bunch of fatties turning this over during a food riot but in all likelihood it'll be dismantled before I get chance.  The Lego never rests in our household...

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: ming on 07 October, 2016, 06:01:09 PM
....in all likelihood it'll be dismantled before I get chance.  The Lego never rests in our household...

While this is entirely right and proper it still kinda breaks my heart.

While I know the answer is in reality a few bricks at the bottom we can't see - there's so much care and attention in these builds a bit of me thinks you actually build in anti-gravity drives to make it hover!

sheridan

I managed to get another thing built this week: Mick McMahon's classic Pat Wagon design from Block Mania.  I'm pretty happy with how this turned out; within the constraints of what bricks (and colours) were to hand, I got as close as I could hope to the look of what I was aiming for (see Prog 237).  If I get chance I may add a bunch of fatties turning this over during a food riot but in all likelihood it'll be dismantled before I get chance.  The Lego never rests in our household...
Good work.  For the authentic McMahon experience, put so many block maniacs in the background that you're scarred by the experience and don't make another diorama for over a decade ;-)

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 08 October, 2016, 07:10:18 AM
....in all likelihood it'll be dismantled before I get chance.  The Lego never rests in our household...

While this is entirely right and proper it still kinda breaks my heart.

While I know the answer is in reality a few bricks at the bottom we can't see - there's so much care and attention in these builds a bit of me thinks you actually build in anti-gravity drives to make it hover!

Just a couple of see-though column pieces to keep the Pat Wagon in the air, I'm afraid - I'm good not I'm not that good!  I have no problem with these being very short-lived creations - the enjoyment is in the building and the tale-telling; as good a way as any other as creating the next generation of Squaxx (I hope).

The Pat Wagon was pretty satisfying really; chunky and solid and an all-the-way-round build rather than a 'you can only look at it from this angle' one - some things I can only half build due to a lack of the necessary bricks but I work with what we have to hand*.

Quote from: sheridan on 08 October, 2016, 08:05:42 AM
Good work.  For the authentic McMahon experience, put so many block maniacs in the background that you're scarred by the experience and don't make another diorama for over a decade ;-)

Obviously I considered this but the boys have a limited number of figures that would pass muster as 'normal' cits (plenty of Ninjas and whatnot though).  Plan B is a heavyweight squad of fatties overturning the Pat Wagon but I'll see how long this stays intact!

* Number Two Son just got a figure with an eye-patch and my immediate thought was 'Chief Judge Griffin!' but that's about as far as I'm likely to get with that one.

Dandontdare

Quote from: ming on 08 October, 2016, 07:24:33 PM
Number Two Son just got a figure with an eye-patch and my immediate thought was 'Chief Judge Griffin!' but that's about as far as I'm likely to get with that one.

Dirty Frank is feeling overlooked.

ming

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 October, 2016, 08:21:05 PM
Number Two Son just got a figure with an eye-patch and my immediate thought was 'Chief Judge Griffin!' but that's about as far as I'm likely to get with that one.

I did consider Dirty Frank as well but the expression (and lack of beardage) just screamed Griffin. 

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: ming on 08 October, 2016, 09:14:31 PM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 October, 2016, 08:21:05 PM

I did consider Dirty Frank as well but the expression (and lack of beardage) just screamed Griffin.

the lego mandarin from the iron man box set would make a good dirty Frank

ming

Nice to keep the annual tradition going with a round-up of our 2016 adventures in 2000AD Lego in the Christmas Prog; long may it continue!  It's a treat for the boys to see these in print but next year I may well have to do something covering their efforts rather than mine.  In the meantime I've got a few things in mind for future builds so hopefully I'll get something put together over Christmas...

Colin YNWA

Haven't read the X-Mas Prog yet as saving it but noticed this. The stuff you are doing is just fantastic and as proper Lego (as opposed to Duplo) enters ths life of my children for the first time this year - a special effort on my part based on them no longer funding Daily Mail.... well okay and the fact I f**kin' love Lego - I hope inspiring too!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 December, 2016, 06:50:50 AMand as proper Lego (as opposed to Duplo) enters ths life of my children for the first time this year
Ha! Although mini-IP would probably give you the evils for that line. Loves Duplo. Builds a new house almost every day of late.

On those pics, I still reckon that Sam Slade one is genius.

ming

Thanks for the kind words, folks.  These are a lot of fun to do - and leaving old Titan reprints lying around for the boys, as well as newer stuff like the Ro-Busters collections, is definitely helping to maintain their interest in my loony project.

Later I'll try and post up something Feliks made a while back; he's got his sights set on getting some of his creations in the next end-of-year Prog now.

ming

Back in the saddle.

Scenes from the Big Meg, Part 9: