Main Menu

THE 2000AD ADVENT CALENDAR 2016 COMMENTS THREAD.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2016, 11:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Wells

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! Hey Andy, post away my friend, there's no stepping on toes at Christmas (unless you're dancing with me!)

Andy Lambert

Awesome, cheers Pete! I'll post a pic each day for the next couple of weeks :)

Rogue Judge

Pete - That is great, "the T-shirt and Pants were the first to go" line really got me! The tattoo sells the whole concept too. Fortunately I post here just often enough to get the inside joke regarding the Cellar of Dredd selling off his collection (quite sad really, I enjoy his blog!), or should we now say the "Seller" of Dredd...

Andy - Great job on the photo, only it looks a little too convincing to be photo-shopped. Im convinced its real!

I love Christmas and am really looking forward to this thread - were off to a blistering start!

von Boom

Great first day! I'll be thinking about the t-shirts and pants with a grin for some time to come!

Colin YNWA

I think this adds to the increasing body of evidence that Pete is the great human being alive today. Yet at the same time it makes me grateful his new(ish) role must surely mean he has less direct contact with the minds of school children.

Judge Nutmeg

Echidna

Disco Dredd brought back unwelcome memories of the Bat-asses from Batman and Robin, but other than that, great stuff  :D

Pete Wells

Wonderful stuff from Scowlin' today! I might report Mrs Pete for provocative flatulence as I really want one of those Globular Rad-Sleet Simulators!

Andy Lambert

Agreed - absolutely wonderful stuff! I've got my eye on the Justice Dept Advent-Wagon so I reckon Perp Payne's days are numbered...!
(see what I did there? ;p )

von Boom

Judge Pal,

I'd like to report a crime. shaolin_monkey has caused great jealousy in the hab with his Justice Dept. Advent Wagon. Oh, and Andy Lambert's offering stirs unwelcome feelings as well. Best nab him too.

Your friend,

von Boom.

Looks like another banner year for the advent calendar! Great work!  :D

shaolin_monkey

Thank so for the kind words folks! I can't take much credit for the Advent Wagon - that was Bekh's idea. I helped - the wee Judge on the front was my creation. She's filled each compartment with a wee treat for me to discover each day! I'm a lucky guy! :D

Andy - awesome work there! It's great to see such a cool Xmas spin on a 2000AD favourite!

David Broughton

Wow! A really great start to this years calendar with Pete's Double Whammy of an 'Oor Burdis' strip, Followed by his Mezco Disco Dredd movie which made me spit out my synthi-breakfast flakes. I'm loving Andy Lambert's festive 2000AD images and Shaolin Monkey's Judge Pal prizes. Great model work as usual Dave. Thanks for making the mornings a little brighter everone!  :D

Dash Decent

That snow globe and advent wagon are brilliant!  The detail on the Dredd figure in the globe, and the panel printed on the base just look amazing!

Fantastic Nemesis there, and I love that Disco Dredd cover - "He's the law/on the dance floor"!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

shaolin_monkey

Christmas Mekon! Great stuff - that made me chuckle.

Loved the story! It has me guessing right to the last few paragraphs!

von Boom

Medco Disco Dredd had tea burning out my nose!  :D

Christmas Mekon and the story are fab!  :D

Things are starting to look Xmasy 'round the hab.