Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRocka

Gotta collapse now, but I'll take that, been down the local all night with various union boys. It was never gonna be a labour victory, but that'll do for me. Now let the horse trading and gnashing of teeth commence!
Never ever bloody anything ever

Supreme Pizza Of The DPRK

Quote from: Goaty on 09 June, 2017, 05:01:48 AM
What a lovely day to celebrate my birthday!

Happy Birthday Goaty!

TordelBack

Well that passed the shift nicely, good effort UK peeps. Enough to force a bit of careful thought at last.

And oh to wonder where you'd be if Corbyn's own party hadn't expended so much energy on rubbishing him, or if SF took up their seats just to spite the DUP. Good night all.

Greg M.

Whilst it appears that the rest of the UK may be starting to come to its senses, Scotland, with our nation's usual contrariness, chooses this moment to pucker up and give evil a big wet snog. The resurgence of the Tories north of the border is utterly stomach-churning, though not actually that surprising: here, Satan wears the somewhat more affable face of Ruth Davidson, who, though I am opposed to everything she stands for, undeniably has more charisma in her little finger than May does in every inch of her cold undead form.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Goaty on 09 June, 2017, 05:01:48 AMWhat a lovely day to celebrate my birthday!
Happy birthday, Goaty - hope it's a good 'un!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Modern Panther

BBC news - Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn called on Mrs May to resign - but she said the country needed stability and her party would "ensure" it was maintained.  Mrs May confirmed that she stood "four square for justice, good order, discipline and the rigid application of the law."  In a brief written statement, the Prime Minister stated that despite the result of the election, she intended to remain in the role. "The people, they know where I stand.  They need rules to live by.  I provide them", confirmed Mrs May.  Signaling the tough stance she is likely to take in her parties policy on replacing human rights legislation, she went on to say that whilst in favour of individual rights, this could never be at the expense of safety and security and that " justice has a price, and that price is freedom".

Happy birthday Goaty!

Steve Green

Went to bed after Pete Wells' results came in.

Was expecting the YouGov poll to be way off - well done to Labour!

Just happy the Mail and the Sun's appalling hatchet jobs didn't work.

Fungus

Unusually, pleased with all that  :P
Tories misjudged the mood as did the SNP. Corbyn deserves this vindication and showed he can't stop 'winning' elections...!

My 20-year-old MP is now my 22-year-old MP. Let's call that progress. She still calls Westminster a 'waste of time', apparently.

Theblazeuk

Holding all the cards and you can't even play them right.

And jesus that statement from Theresa May is horrifying. For a start it's contradicted by her actual stance and for another, it's a typically authoritarian response to recent events - nothing related to her opening guff about a 'stronger hand for Brexit'. And lo, tis human rights that stopped our poor plucky home secretary/pm from doing anything but a shit job for the best part of a decade. Not lack of resources and zero accountability for piss poor strategy.

IAMTHESYSTEM

It's a rejection of the hard Brexit stand made by May-hem and her cronies. She'll hang on till the summer recess then the knives will be out for her. A softer Brexit is more likely now and that's a relief. Phew! On a sourer note, minority Government doesn't tend to last either so we'll be sitting through another General election later in the year.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Rately

The Tories and the DUP is a horrifying thought. Vile. Two parties that could do with more compassion, less arrogance.

As somebody said, the DUP's manifesto is 'the Bible with fortnightly bin collections.'

Professor Bear

Write your own punchline: The Tories spent their campaign banging on about Corbyn appeasing violent Northern Irish extremists and that he'd form a coalition of chaos to hold on to power, but now they've

Mikey

Whilst the DUP aren't quite as filled with fundamentalists as they once were, they've kept the clock back several centuries on any notions of equality for any weirdos like womens and The Gays. Not keen on environmentalists either. Or atheists. Or crocodiles. Or Themuns. They do keep warm homes I hear though.

That's palaticks so it is.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Rately

Lets just hope the media are as keen to point out the DUPs links to terrorist groups, and their hypocrisy on the subject.

Theblazeuk