Main Menu

The New-New Tomorrow People

Started by Grant Goggans, 18 May, 2013, 03:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Has anybody heard about this?  It starts in the fall.  I never heard a word about it until this morning.  It sorta pays tribute to the 70s version with a villain named Jedikiah Price:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tomorrow_People_%282013_TV_series%29

Were they planning to publicize or announce this or get some word of mouth going or start some rumors or anything?

Professor Bear

I am all over shit tv like you wouldn't believe and even I barely heard of this, though it's made by the CW, and they tend to dip their toes half-in and half-out of the genre waters at least three times a season with a quick turnaround between conception and production before axing said genre shows pretty quickly (Ringer, Secret Circle and Cult spring to mind).
I half-expect TP (HUR-HUR) to be cancelled quickly but for the fact it seems to be top-heavy with young male leads, and shows like that which are definatelywink-wink-nudge-nudgenot aimed at teenage girls and gay men (Smallville, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries) sometimes end up doing well on the channel by emphasising the soap elements over the genre trappings, which tend to be little other than pretense to get characters smoldering at each other as they wonder what each other's secret is as the actors hilariously fail to be convincing - this is literally what every single genre show on the CW is like, with the budget kept down by setting all their shows across the same three or four sets unconvincingly redressed between scenes.  Oh, and do you like rich white people?  You will probably like watching CW programming, then - even the poor people want for nothing and live in massive homes.  Massive homes that are clearly the size of a tv studio.

Worth pointing out that TP is up against competition not only from other channels but from the CW itself, which this year debuts Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals alongside post-apocalyptic drama The 100 and aliens-in-high-school romance drama Starcrossed as well as their current genre hits Beauty and the Beast, Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, and Arrow.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Blimey Hollywoods been raiding the VHS library for inspiration. Might be a twist on 'Heroes' type of thing.

Didn't the TTP congregate in a secret Lab somewhere fearful that ordinary Humans, jealous or fearful of their 'cosmic powers man,' [it was the 1970's] would sell them out to the government and its Miltary Industrial Complex?

Yeah, well we're bastard enough to do that to you alright you smug Homo Superiors. Damn them for seeing through our thin veneer of humanity. 

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla