Main Menu

BRIGAND DOOM....

Started by ARRISARRIS, 18 May, 2004, 09:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...dont know why but i remember liking this alot, mainly because of the interesting artwork, but it was a bit of a bastard child of V for Vendetta wasnt it, think it suffered from only one proper story a year and had more one offs in the specials than it did in 2000ad, does anyone remember if there was sopposed to be more and was it ever going to go anywhere...

Floyd-the-k

ummmm, yeah, it had its` good points. Interesting, bleak world, kind of a bureaucratic, moralistic dystopia. The art was interesting too - very photo like.
 Like a lot of stories, it finished with the impression that there would be more. DId we ever find out where Brigand Doom came from? I mean (before anyone says "Leeds") why he was an undead, decomposing crime-fighter?

The Enigmatic Dr X

I like it. It was creepy and a little unconventional and had a lot of potential. Maybe why it was binned? Still, one day I expect a zombie highwayman to jump me and snap a tiny hourglass under my nose.
Lock up your spoons!

Dudley

Well, creator Alan MacKenzie doesn't do work for 2000AD any more.

I'd love to see Brigand Doom handed to another writer to complete, hopefully a writer who actually wanted the job and had some idea of who the character was.

What's Dave D'Antiquis doing now?

Smiley

"Account Yorga"... blimey, which boob thought that one up? Stand up, DJ Tharg.

was it ever going to go anywhere

Probably not. "Account Yorga"... dear lord.

Oddboy

Yeah - first story was pretty darned good
2nd was less so...
3rd worse still...

and so on, until the absolute crap that was "Account Yorga-Vampire".

Better set your phaser to stun.

IndigoPrime

The city was, in my opinion, simply too extreme (far worse than MC1), and, like much McKenzie stuff, there were gaping plot holes everywhere. Quite frankly, I'm happy for it to never return to 2000 AD (unlike Luke Kirby, which I'd love to see return, scripted by McKenzie and drawn by Ridgeway).

Floyd-the-k

On the other hand the last Luke Kirby blew! It was like the worst of Slaine (ie non-stop preaching) without action. If I was Luke I`d want a magic spell to (a) stop my ears so I didn`t have to listen to the tramp yammer on about how everything in England used to be a pagan place of power etc and (b) make the allegedly good looking Chinese girl actually look good and not just like Luke with a Chinese hair-do.

ARRISARRIS

...Brigand Doom for a Extreme Edition anyone???...

The Amstor Computer

Could do, I suppose. You could reprint Brigand Doom, Voodoo Child and Spirits Willing in the current EE format, but including House of Games and Account Yorga-Vampire would bump the pagecount up to about 150.

LSDfish

I always thought Brigand Doom was super good, only have a very few old stories though

just pledging my support...

Devons Daddy

NO
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dudley

YES

The Monarch

Canon fodder for ee treatment

House of Usher

NO   Extreme Edition is in black and white! Both books of Canon Fodder should be reprinted in a colour graphic novel format!
STRIKE !!!