Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 16 March, 2014, 11:39:45 PM
RIP Scott Asheton, only Iggy Pop left out of the original lineup of The Stooges now.  :'(

I think Steve Mackay also deserves such spot. But nonetheless, Rock Action will be missed as much as his brother Ronald is :/

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

JamesC

Just seen the Steve Moore news on Facebook.

Shame.

Frank

The reason Alan Moore gave for the creation of his multi-media biography of Steve Moore, Unearthing, seems especially poignant now. Moore explained that he'd been asked to write an essay about an obscure part of London that was disappearing, and whose unique history would be lost to the world without such a memorial. Steve Moore, the man who literally taught Alan Moore how to write comics, and who led a life of even more fixed geography than the beast of Northampton, was the most exotic and esoteric part of London that sprung to Moore's encyclopaedic and omnivorous mind.

Well worth a listen, even if the book/CD is out of your price range: http://www.southlondonhardcore.com/2013/03/episode-62-alan-moore-and-mitch-jenkins.html

Dark Jimbo

Some sort of Telguuth collection is surely long overdue, even without Steve's sad passing - even if it's only a Meg floppy supplement, or summat. They were never essential but always worth a read; the best were cracking little fantasy vignettes with some often quite bonkers characters/ideas. Some glorious art, too.

'All hail Klaavor, and his transexual lightning!'
@jamesfeistdraws

TordelBack

That's terribly sad to hear, by all accounts Moore was a great guy.  I enjoyed a lot of his stuff, the cheescake vehicle Jonni Future in particular, and the, err, cheesecake vehicle Valkyries too.  Also: the affable Agent Rat, and the inexplicable furniture showcase Red Fang.

Hawkmumbler

I have never had te fortune to read any of the chaps stuff but I would like to wish his family the best. Like all contributers to the weekly his pressence is appreciated in and of itself.

SuperSurfer

Sad news about Steve Moore. He wrote tons of fine stories back in the 80s for Marvel UK and Warrior eg Hulk, Laser Eraser & Pressbutton, Father Shandor and back up strips for Dr Who Weekly.

ZenArcade

Sad news indeed.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Daveycandlish

Ah maaaaan.
Father Shandor is my favourite strip, ever.
RIP Steve  :(
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Bat King

Steve Moore got a rather predictable mention in my Interview with Leah Moore & John Reppion. What with Steve being so influential on Alan Moore and Alan being Leah's dad.

Steve Moore is responsible for a lot of good writers being out there. A legacy.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Trout

I'm sad that we've lost Steve Moore. I liked Telguuth.

By all accounts he was a real character.

Toni Scandella

Fred Phelps.  Maybe now he might find what God actually thinks.

Hawkmumbler

Good riddance. I have no time or respect for a man who hides behind a book and god to cover up his own bigotry as i've made perfectly clear on here before now. Do I respect the mans right to express his opinions? Yes. Do I reserve the right to think his opinions are fucking stupid because they are based on miss quotations and bull shittery? Yes I do.

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night