Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Not sure what Indie tracks is, but Tramlines this great festival that takes over most of Sheffield. Been running a good few years now, back in the day it was free too!

Good to hear De La are taking over from Da Wu. Always thought they made a better stab live as well... oh so actually not glad as I'm not going - damnit!

Dandontdare defo check it out if your in the area (your Manchester aren't you, close enough) its a great weekend... normally, grumble groan grip...

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 July, 2015, 12:25:29 PM
Not sure what Indie tracks is, but Tramlines this great festival that takes over most of Sheffield. Been running a good few years now, back in the day it was free too!
It's a festival of the tweeest indiepop imaginable which takes place in railway museum near Derby so you can go on a steam train ride if you get fed up with all the floppy-fringed feyness. I just thought the names were quite similar.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Bloomin' heck that's only just down the road from me and right up my street, how come I've never heard of that... oh yeah I'm old and out of touch.

Was this festival somehow linked to Sarah Records or something (after the fact of course)? That rings a bell.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 July, 2015, 12:41:34 PM
Was this festival somehow linked to Sarah Records or something (after the fact of course)? That rings a bell.
Don't know if there's a specific connection but that's exactly the sort of thing you'll get there.

I only really know about it because my pal's band have played it about three years running, but this year they went to IndieFjord instead!
We never really die.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 July, 2015, 12:15:17 PM
Tension growing here as there are only 9 days left for Bjork to cancel her Berlin gig. Might see Bonnie Prince Billy on Monday night if I manage to catch up with some life admin over the weekend.
Wasn't bad. He seems to be touring with one of those old-fashioned, American country rock type outfits. I kept expecting them to burst into a version of The Weight.
We never really die.

dweezil2

Queensryche in London this Thursday and a couple of other metal greats!

https://electricballroom.ticketabc.com/events/queensryche-armored/
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 24 July, 2015, 12:15:17 PM
Tension growing here as there are only 9 days left for Bjork to cancel her Berlin gig.
As I'm sure everyone's been dying to know, this was an absolutely stunning evening. If there's something more intense than the live version of Black Lake, I'm not sure I could handle it.

Young Fathers tomorrow night and The Sonics on Thursday. Both playing free gigs on a floating stage in the Rhine.
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

Caught Young Fathers at the East End Social fest thing (AKA Beer Queue-palooza - they were one of only two bands we managed to actually watch in between queuing for food or drinks for hours). Was quite impressed, good live band.

Jacqusie

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 24 July, 2015, 12:25:29 PM

Good to hear De La are taking over from Da Wu. Always thought they made a better stab live as well... oh so actually not glad as I'm not going - damnit!

De la Soul got the crowd going well in the rain & I got to give it up large in my Oxfam regalia.

Tramlines is considered to be the best inner city festival and this year was pretty damn good if we do say so ourselves... Hope to see you there at Tramlines 2016 Colin!

Si

Jacqusie

Don't think I will ever tire of hearing this guys voice, he's quite unique.

Ben Ottewell (from Gomez) gig... whippin' Piccadilly & rollin' into Sheffield tonight...

Third Estate Ned

Besides myself, I predict NapalmKev will be attending his nearest venue for this one.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 04 September, 2015, 01:00:06 PM
Besides myself, I predict NapalmKev will be attending his nearest venue for this one.

Closest one is Bristol. Immense line-up, it would be rude not to partake in an evening of fine music.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Third Estate Ned

True, it's a two-hour drive for me but if you don't support such nicely-curated events the bands will stop coming to these smaller venues. There were only about 300 in attendance for Mastodon a couple of months ago, so I doubt they'll be back. Depends if they got an up-front fee to make it worth their while or a cut on ticket sales, which wouldn't be so good for a band that size.

That said, a few years back Napalm Death inexplicably played a free gig in a dead-end rural village very near where I live (middle of nowhere), so I'm guessing they get a fee. When they played the Dead Kennedy's Nazi Punks F*** Off they got booed by a faction of barrel-chested secessionist farm lads!

DaveGYNWA

I am definitely going to need to take the 30th October off to recover. That is one serious fucking line-up.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

DaveGYNWA

Actually....has there been an official announcement that Napalm have been added to the UK/Ireland legs of the tour? Can't find anything on it at all, just the confirmation from July that Napalm were doing the mainland Europe portion.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?