Main Menu

ZARJAZ ISSUE 34 REVIEW

Started by Bad City Blue, 26 June, 2019, 04:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Bolt-01

Cheers BCB, and glad you liked the issue.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, BCB, much appreciated.

Now, where's that Summer Writing Comp...?
:-D

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Buttonman

"Alan Holloway's script captures the personalities of the main characters very well, as well as the humour of the original strip"

Whit?! Self praise is no praise! ( I refer you to my letters thread!) I shall be purchasing said journal to find out the truth! Or was that your cunning plan all along?!

Bad City Blue

As a seasoned reviewer I am able to look subjectively even at my own work.

I trust Bolt wouldn't have accepted it if it wasn't ARSOM!

TBH it's one of the best I've done and looks gorgeous to boot

Buttonman

Fair enough - self-pimping is a noble art in the creative world. I'd have maybe made it clear in the review that it's your work and you're proud of it rather than talking about it in the third person leaving the potential purchaser open to confusion.

I will buy and  find out the whole tooth, er, truth.

Bolt-01

I have to admit to having a chuckle when BCB reviews his own work - but he is right that if we at FQP didn't think it worthy we wouldn't run it.

That being said - no review for Dogbreath?

Fungus

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 01 July, 2019, 01:00:14 PM
I have to admit to having a chuckle when BCB reviews his own work - but he is right that if we at FQP didn't think it worthy we wouldn't run it.

That being said - no review for Dogbreath?

Good point. Will take a look this week (got a lot on)

Bascially with the reviews I don't want to sound like I'm pimping myself in any way, and as such refer to Alan Holloway the author as a seperate entity, which he is when I'm in review mode.

The Legendary Shark

I also can look at my work subjectively, the problem I have is looking at it objectively, which is why I find reviews most helpful.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tiplodocus

I'd be tempted to declare any conflict of interest with a light hearted remark.

"I can't comment on the quality of the script because I wrote it! But I do know that, regardless of the writer,  artist X has done a superb job..."

Transparency is always a good thing. Unless, like, you are James Bond or hiding people from Nazis or something.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!