Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Quote from: The Cosh on 04 December, 2010, 11:52:06 AM
Only then did I apprehend the hellish truth. It was not a Prog I had braved the ferocious Northern cold to retrieve but a fucking Virgin cable circular. Bah.

A Thrill-sucker envelope hijack eh?

The Doctor Alt 8

Sigh... unless there is a mirical at the start of next year it looks like my Medieval society will be forced to close.

The reason is that we simply do not have enough memberes to make it ecconomically ciable, let alone have enough people with the required mimimum skills in stage combat and achery to take part in shows ...

Not that I have received much in the way of work in that direction either. I am at my wits end as to what to do and I really do not want this to happen for a number of reasons....

It will also destory Adrians adult education course.... HELP

locustsofdeath!

Make a video advertising your group and post it online...do you know anyone with a video camera or editing software? Show off your stuff, some good sword fights and all of that. You can use the video to recruit members and then turn around and use it to advertise to clients...good luck!

The Doctor Alt 8

Camera we have... video editing software however....

We do have a facebook group page.
I know cause I made it.....

I have suggested that we show some edidted highlights of our training sessions.....

staticgirl

You may have a copy of Windows Movie Maker already on yr PC and be one of the lucky ones whose computer doesn't crash when you use it. This should be good enough for some simple vidoe shorts...

Life Spugs for me because I was supposed to go out tonight but don't feel well enough. May upgrade my cold to proper flu as it is taking the dvil's own time to leave my system.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: staticgirl on 05 December, 2010, 11:58:20 AM
You may have a copy of Windows Movie Maker already on yr PC and be one of the lucky ones whose computer doesn't crash when you use it. This should be good enough for some simple vidoe shorts...

Life Spugs for me because I was supposed to go out tonight but don't feel well enough. May upgrade my cold to proper flu as it is taking the dvil's own time to leave my system.

I have that very beginning of a cold feeling today including a mild headache as well which is not very enjoyable considering i have just got over a cold.Its time to crack open another can of multivitamin nutritional milk drink.

Hope you get over yours soon but make sure you get your vitamins in the meantime.I have had cold viruses before that take weeks to get rid of as they are persistent and can reappear.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

staticgirl

Thanks Peter - yes you're right. I like the multivitamin milk drink idea. I always forget the pills.

willthemightyW

Because we've just started a new topic in my art class at GCSE, this big project where we pick an artist and research him/her, reproduce some of their pieces then do something you thought up but in their style, then develop your own. Well when my brother did it he had a great teacher and he got great grades, he picked Frank Miller to study, so I'd been planning mine, practicing and deciding who my artist would be. We sat down on the computers to print of some examples, and she saw what I was doing and had a go at me because it was a comic artist, she said, and I quote: 'No, I want you to do a 'real' artist'.  >:(
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: willthemightyW on 06 December, 2010, 05:09:04 PM
Because we've just started a new topic in my art class at GCSE, this big project where we pick an artist and research him/her, reproduce some of their pieces then do something you thought up but in their style, then develop your own. Well when my brother did it he had a great teacher and he got great grades, he picked Frank Miller to study, so I'd been planning mine, practicing and deciding who my artist would be. We sat down on the computers to print of some examples, and she saw what I was doing and had a go at me because it was a comic artist, she said, and I quote: 'No, I want you to do a 'real' artist'.  >:(

Make that  >:( >:( >:(

Stupid teacher
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

davethomson

'No, I want you to do a 'real' artist'.  >:(

Had the same thing happen to me many years ago, the difference being that I was using Michael Turner. Given hindsight, I think my art teacher was right. :-[
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Cthulouis

Don't be disheartened! My main memories of Art A level is of a man who couldn't get my name right and tried to live out his own career through his students. He tried to get everyone to submerge all their art in wax. EVERYONE! You would see him coming round the room, and asking each kid in turn "Have you considered putting this in... wax?" A lot of the work produced by students that year was encased in wax. Why? because not enough of the students had the spirit to tell him where to shove it. 

Might I recommend Aubrey Beardsley? He's inspired lots of comic artists, including several from 2000ad (Henry Flint springs to mind as someone I have seen quoted on the matter).

Also, find the right precedent, and you can draw willies all over your work. Then give it into your art teacher and say "This is all "Real Art", apparently."

TordelBack

Quote from: Cthulouis on 07 December, 2010, 09:00:24 AM
Might I recommend Aubrey Beardsley? He's inspired lots of comic artists, including several from 2000ad (Henry Flint springs to mind as someone I have seen quoted on the matter).

S'right.  I can see Beardsley in some of PJ Holden's and D'Israeli's work too.

As a total non-artist I can see the value in tackling an artist outside of your immediate area of interest.  There are two kinds of perspective after all.

johnnystress

In a similar (ish ) sort of vein you could pick Harry Clarke- most famous for his stained glass but an amazing painter and illustrator as well

http://coilhouse.net/2010/03/harry-clarkes-haunted-faces-fragile-silhouettes/

Keef Monkey

That's shocking! Surely they can't justify just banning an artist because of the field they work in? I'd be tempted to stand up for myself on that one. I probably wouldn't though. One of my college lecturers buys and sells on art as his 2nd job, mainly old victorian stuff which he auctions off. When I realised he was an art lover I told him I had a PJ Holden original, and showed him my commission :) Rather than the usual comicbook scorn you'd expect he actually really liked it and started looking up more of his stuff. Not often you get that kind of open mindedness though.

COMMANDO FORCES

Having a terrible morning at the moment. Visited the bathroom numerous times over the last two hours, it was like Niagra Falls but the last visit was the best. I had to keep swapping ends to get rid of whatever bug is in me, it was truly painfull dry heaving but I think I'm better now, I hope.

Just thought I'd share that with you lot (I think it's the movie thread that's made me ill).