Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared Katooie

Be careful not to impair your sle quality!

Gav the Mighty

2000ad isnt as good as it used to be.

Kerrin

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 December, 2010, 11:07:59 PM
I got mugged on Wednesday on my way home from work.

Hope you're not too badly shaken Mardroid. If you have trouble getting Prog 2011 give me a shout.

SmallBlueThing

Shit Mardroid, that's awful. Hope you're okay. Phones can be replaced, no access to actual cash is an inconvenience, but walking away unharmed is cause for celebration and relief.
SBT

Mikey

That really spugs Mardroid; hope your bank gets the finger out for your cards and glad you weren't hurt.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Albion

Quote from: Mardroid on 18 December, 2010, 11:07:59 PM
I hope the Christmas Prog isn't sold out by the time I access it!

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Mardroid, glad you're OK.

I got Prog 2011 yesterday, which is rare for me as I use Clickwheel these days, I just couldn't wait to read it this time.
I'll get the digital version later anyway so if you want my copy when I've read it send me a PM with your address and I'll send it to you.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

TordelBack

Sorry to hear that Mardroid, what a total pain in the arse.

Mardroid

Cheers guys. I'm okay.

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 19 December, 2010, 01:25:27 AM
Oh, man, sorry to hear that Mardroid. Hope you aren't shaken up too much.

I wasn't all that shook up really, more a tad surprised and a bit angry that I didn't put up more of a fight. (Probably wise, I didn't due to my lack of fighting skills, and the fact one had a knife.) I'm not saying that to come across a hard nut (those who met me in our London comic-store wandering probably picked up that's not the case within a short period of time, hee, hee). Maybe I sensed the guys weren't really out for blood...

QuoteDid you call the police? Scumbags tried it on me a couple of years ago and even though I got the better of them it was playing over and over in my mind for weeks. At least you weren't hurt.

I did call the police as soon as I got in. A trio of plain-clothes coppers came around, took my details, and drove me around the neighborhood. We didn't see them though.

When I got home the next day, my Dad had news for me! It turned out my neighbour found my wallet behind his garage. My Dad went through the alleyway and found most of my stuff strewn throughout. (The phone and credit cards remained missing of course, but it was nice to get the other bits and pieces back.)

Quote from: Albion on 19 December, 2010, 11:09:10 AM
I got Prog 2011 yesterday, which is rare for me as I use Clickwheel these days, I just couldn't wait to read it this time.
I'll get the digital version later anyway so if you want my copy when I've read it send me a PM with your address and I'll send it to you.

Thanks, that's very kind. I'm sure I'll be able to get it at some point though, even if it means dropping  line to Denise at Rebellion. (I don't subscribe, but I'm sure back-issues will be available.)

staticgirl

http://www.newsstand.co.uk/ also has it - for those stuck in the snow miles and miles away from their usual newsagent and you can buy single issues too.

SmallBlueThing

I should point out that my local whs has three prog 2011s left, and while i have cash i repeat my earlier offer on the dedicated thread to pick them up for any progless squaxx and post them on once the snow/general misery clears. Pm me if you need small blue thing's thrill delivery st bernard to stomp over to yours. It'll be a fiver, including postage obviously.
SBT

thelawgiver

life spugs because you work nights long hours before christmas and for little money!
Life is basically about work! meh!
Twitter = @snarlsbukowski

vzzbux

Quote from: thelawgiver on 20 December, 2010, 06:47:31 PM
life spugs because you work nights long hours before christmas and for little money!
I hear ya. I am working in Brum for the rest of the week (commuting every day). Finished at four today and it took me nearly three hours to get home.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

staticgirl

My copy has been posted and is waiting for me - which is pretty spugless really. I shall have a dose of thrillpower to combat the return to work blues.

thelawgiver

Quote from: vzzbux on 20 December, 2010, 10:35:52 PM
Quote from: thelawgiver on 20 December, 2010, 06:47:31 PM
I hear ya. I am working in Brum for the rest of the week (commuting every day). Finished at four today and it took me nearly three hours to get home.

V

Just think of the money and the christmas break ! :)
Twitter = @snarlsbukowski

locustsofdeath!

Woke up this morning and it hit me that my wife won't be home for this Christmas. This is her favorite time of year and she's stuck in Afghanistan. I know tomorrow will be tough on all of us, me, her and especially the little ones. Never take anything for granted, and all of that...man, this spugs... :'(.