Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 15 July, 2012, 04:10:49 PM
Who knows what is causing this mental state he is in?

Urinary/bladder infections can (somewhat counter-intuitively) have massive effects on the sufferer's state of mind, up to and including symptoms that look like full-on dementia. Fingers crossed, once the infection is fully cleared up, he'll be back to normal.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

SuperSurfer

Thanks Jim. Yes, hope it clears up.

I remember reassuring a friend when her husband would call her from hospital in despair following surgery, as he thought the staff were trying to kill him. I guess it's disturbing when the patient seems lucid but is actually talking nonsense.

staticgirl

Oh Supersurfer that is horrible. When this is over you must complain using the material you've posted here.

Good luck to your f-i-l, I hope he recovers soon.

judgeblake

Life Spugs because;
- I pay for the gym and run as if I'm a marathon runner and yet I lose weight only bit by bit
- Decorating my room means moving in the meantime into our box-room, which in turn means sleeping next to the room with my sister and her boyfriend in? :P :S

Bolt-01

because guess who got into a little scrape last night and is now without transport for about a fortnight.  :-[

No harm to anyone, but FQP 1 is a bit the worse for wear...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 18 July, 2012, 03:03:00 PM
because guess who got into a little scrape last night and is now without transport for about a fortnight.  :-[

No harm to anyone, but FQP 1 is a bit the worse for wear...
she-it! As long as everyone's okay!

Zarjazzer

That doesn't sound good Bolt 01 but as long as everyones alright.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

COMMANDO FORCES

Main thing is that you and your loved ones are okay Bolt.

Bolt-01

SuperSurfer

Thanks staticgirl. Pops-in-law is back home now. Apparently he needs a week or so to come fully to his senses. Always scary when older folk go into hospital. I feared we were on the edge of a precipice there as was the case with my dad a few years ago.

At least all are ok, Bolt. Everything else is secondary.

Hoagy

"She-it". That's the combination of a woman and a monster, reet?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

SmallBlueThing

...because today i had an MRI scan, and completely lost it, flipped and had a panic attack while in the scanner, meaning i got out in seven minutes and probably wont find out what's wrong with my neck and shoulder, which means i may have to continue living with the snecking agony im currently in and continue my growing dependence on codeine.

Serious claustrophobic panic attack. I congratulated myself for getting through the first two 30 second bursts, thinking it not too bad- but then she did a three minute one that went on forever... and i began to feel that hot stone in the chest for the first time in fifteen years, and someone was sitting on my chest and i became convinced they'd left and i was trapped in the machine forever- and that was it, i was squeezing the panic button and out of there. Really distressed afterwards. Ive calmed down down mostly, but i didnt even want to get on the bus because i didnt want to be trapped inside anything. It was all i could do not to cry my eyes out! Awful.

SBT

TordelBack

Bloody hell Steev, that sounds completely horrific.  Hope that they got enough productive scanning in all the same.

Dandontdare

Have you requested an open MRI? These are large donut style things, rather than an enclosed tube, good for claustrophobes. There are other scans  and diagnostics that may also be able to diagnose your problem, so don't just give up on getting treatment.

I used to arrange MRI scans on a daily basis as part of my job and what you describe is not uncommon, and we often had to reschedule scans when people had freaked out (ond once when the patient claimed to be 17 stone on his form and was actually 28 stone, so they wouldn't let him on the machine - he ended up having to use a veterinary scanner!).

I had an MRI myself last year and while the enclosed space is no problem (I think I'm a claustrophile - I like cosy enclosed spaces) the noise was incredible. I was expecting an electronic buzzing, but it sounded like I was inside a cement mixer full of bricks.

SmallBlueThing

Thanks guys- and that's good to know ddd. I was not made aware such things as open MRIs existed- and will certainly request one should i need another. Im still freaked out- and if you'd've asked me earlier today if i were claustrophobic, id've said absolutely not. What a time to find out! I keep getting flashbacks. It's like ptsd, only a bit more pathetic. But seriously- if i drank, idve necked a bottle of scotch by now.

Only good thing: nineteen weeks ago i gave up smoking. Seven weeks ago i came off champix. Even at my most distressed today, at no point did i want a fag. However, shoulder hurts like christing buggery due to the amusing shapes i twisted into whilst in the grip of my attack! More codeine!

SBT