Main Menu

Top 3 single episode Dredds

Started by Le Fink, 07 February, 2024, 10:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoGilesGo

Quote from: Link Prime on 13 March, 2024, 12:14:31 PMIt Pays to be Mental' and 'Love Story' left indelible marks, and the most "recent" one-off to do so was 'Leaving Rowdy' from (oh sweet Jesus) 2002.

Leaving Rowdy and The End of the Affair (a fond farewell to Bella Bagley) were, incredibly, back to back episodes in progs 1280 and 1281. Both Excellent one offs

Link Prime

Quote from: GoGilesGo on 13 March, 2024, 07:09:30 PMLeaving Rowdy and The End of the Affair (a fond farewell to Bella Bagley) were, incredibly, back to back episodes in progs 1280 and 1281. Both Excellent one offs

We had it all.

AlexF

I've spent far too much time thinking about this and not coming up with any answers, and it'd be mental - hoho - to attempt a re-read of all existing Dredd one-offs to date to find the answer.
I generally like the ones either about weird future crimes, like the one about the lady who sends in fake invoices. or the ones about citizens living life in MC1 - like the one about the dude who just loves running (actually I think there are two of those, both good, one by Wagner and Fegredo and one by Worley and ?). Also the ones where Dredd wins not by being especially clever or tough but by combating total idiots, like the Hottie House seige (a story so good Wagner told it three times!)

GoGilesGo

Quote from: AlexF on 18 March, 2024, 10:31:10 AMI've spent far too much time thinking about this and not coming up with any answers

Stop messing us about, Alex.

It's been over two years since your Epics Ranked blog posts. We are all suffering withdrawal. Can't you start another one featuring the best one-offs?

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

AlexF

I am getting close to the end of another ranking project, bit not Dredd...