Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Bhuna on 21 November, 2009, 07:14:33 PM
I'm still collecting these feckers after 5 years, and they are just getting better & better.

Is it really that long?? I've been colecting these bastard things as long as I've been married? Surely not! No, there's a 110 so far, which is 220 weeks. Hang on, yes, that's just over four years. Paaaaaat Mills, it didn't seem that long.

But yes, they are good. And yes, The Destroyer was a good one. Even though I'm none the wiser about who he actually was (haven't read the mag yet).

As for the "140" thing. Yeah, like they're going to stop there...

SBT

Dash Decent

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 November, 2009, 06:12:27 PM
I wonder how much is 2000AD in Australian currency now.

I bought prog 1653 from a newsagents on Tuesday.  It cost $6.95.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Dash Decent on 26 November, 2009, 10:21:32 AM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 21 November, 2009, 06:12:27 PM
I wonder how much is 2000AD in Australian currency now.

I bought prog 1653 from a newsagents on Tuesday.  It cost $6.95.

That's abhout a dollar more than I have been paying for it.

God news is that I think I can redeem my fifty doolar movie voucher for cash, but will fifty doollars be enough to cover the entire run of Saline: The Smuggler

The Slaine stoirs apaer to be as long as the ones they used tyo have. I don't know , but I have a hunch this one sin't going to go for more than a few progs. You can nver really teel unilt most of the story has passed.

Van Dom

I think this one is only about 4 episodes long, to bring us up to the bumper christmas prog.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

ThryllSeekyr

Mocking my own typo

Saline: The Smuggler

A saltier barbarian....

Getting back on subject of thread....

I just spent the best part of a hour looking for the small plastic lawgiver that came with my Judge Dredd action figure by Reaction.

It's stands al my others up on a old bookshelf that I have set aside for them. It's very dusty and so dusty that I barely noticed the small plastic gun just sitting behind Reaction Slaine usealley standing next the Judge Dredd . They had all fallen over and for the thrid time this week.

It's really getting to me now.....

Most of them dropped their weapons/accessories, while others are starting to show signs of wear n tear in the leg joints. They are harder to stand up and require a specific pose just to maintain balance.

Reaction Dredd has very feeble hold of the plastic lawgiver and daystick in either hand. The Birdie Lie Detector has fallen out a number of times. In the past. I had lost the thing on several occasions only to find it again, after upsetting my room.

Reaction Death who... despite having it's legs in a fixed postion still needs to lean against something else to stand up. Although I have fixed the problem using those plastic chains that came with the legendary Dredd. Included as non associated assessory.

The ring of chains shaped like a donut.

It's comes with the plastic foot. A aprt that is supposed to be part of The Pitt Action figure. It actulley makes a great support for Reaction Death. Still, there is a problem with the plastic heart and doomsday device. They can be placed in each hand if they are held out just so, but only balancing precariously.

My favorite Slaine Reactiojn action fiugure. The Warped Variant now doesn't stand as easily. The knee joints are now more worn.

Legenday Dredd and Death both have similer problems. Which started to show within a few days of having them out of their packaging and just standing on my computer desk. The place where I display them first before adding them to the bookself. {b]Legendary Death[/b] used to be able to stand in a half crouching faux air guitar pose with his arms arranged just so. Because of deterioatin in most his joints, he can only stand if his legs are straightened. Even so he mostly loses his balance and needs to lean as well. As for Legendary Dredd. he has the same problem, but to a far lesser extent.

Of the four Blizzard figures I own. The bald headed barbarian with a top-knot  Modeled after one of the four player characters from Diablo Two and the Demon as well. No probl;em with that one. The Lorderon Knight and Orc cheiftain from Warcraft. They stand in with one leg bent in front of them  and the other leg straigter than th other and pointing in another direction. This was the way they were molded and yet the limbs are still half articulated and moveable. Articulation becomes redundant if the figure is in a fixed postion...If you get my meaning.

I have just given up finding a picture of these figures on the net as I guess they are no longer in circulation and the digital camera software is not availble at the moment So that rules out me taking a photo..

Anyway, the Knight and Barbarian are pratically a hairs width away from falling over.

The long sword and shield that come with the Kingiht figure does not attach very well The hand grips are way too loose and these acessories just hang there when applied just so.

Anyway, What this all amounts to, is that the designers should test their merchandice in this respect as well.

It's no point making a figure fully or even partially articulate if their basic standing postion is in a pose thats works against the points of arrticulation. I mean with one leg bent at the knee in half crouch postion and the other splayeed out in a different direction.

The figure should be able to stand and sit very easily if fully articulated, and if not. It should atleast stand very well with the heaviest centre of gravity placed on the lowest portion of the action figure. Useally this will be the feet. The feet should be well supported. If it's humannoid,  the whole underside of the foot arrea should be flat against the ground if it's standing. If it's digitgrade.or otherwise balancing on it's toes, then they shoul follow suit. Withthe ball fot he foot and toes flat on the underside as well. With a good counter-balance for extra support.

The hands or any other prehensile limbs should be moulded tightly, if the grip is open and looser enough to accomadate the handheld accessories if fully enclosed. If it's got holsters. They should be made to hold the weapons they were made to hold snugly. If the action figure has numerous weapons, more than thit can carry with all hands/limbs. Then there should be enough holsters to attlest hold the excesss amount.

As it is, I have holstered Slaine's Sword of the Moon on his back, under his fur cloak.

I think the action pose dioramas are a good way to go :-*

Of course the fully artulated figures with all their accessories are still alot fun.

I'm thinking of making some themed stands/bases for the figures I got.

I'll use some putty, with some plywood. and wire.

Molding the base to the shape and the most desired positioning of the feet.

The figure need not be glued in place, but mearely placed where the feet are indicated.

Both of the Slaine figures I got would make great bookends. Perhaps showing some duality, reflecting the variant and the regular, both standing among some warp stones made from putty, painted, with Ukko nearby  The warped variant standing atop some formorian corpses, the other surrounded by the four treasures.

Likewise, I could do the same with both the Reaction and Legendary Judge Dredd and Judge Death.

The former, standing on the rubber concrete, near a entrance to the undercity marked by the sewer cap lid., steam rsing from the aperture. The Lawmaster would be nice, but hard to do. The fully artiuclated Legendary Dredd figure could have a foot propped up on the prone figure of a hand cuffed perp.The other stadning between to leaders of rival street gang factions. 

As for the Reaction andd Legendary Death. I was thinking of some undercity location.. With both accessories that were pakged withthe Reaction. Either the plastic heart and doomday device could be shared between figures.yeah, poor old Legendary Death is empty handed. Which ever figures gets the heart, could be holding that over a corpse with a bleeding hole in it's chest.and the other balancing the ball shaped bomb like a basketbll on the tip of it's finger.

Both Dredd and Death figures could have hemes combined with each other relatively in confrontation.

M.I.K.

You seriously need a blog, ThryllSeekyr.

Trout

I got the full series and made up the Pitt figure. I've no idea who he is, but he's pretty cool. He's in the loft for now but will probably be given to my kids sooner or later.

- Trout

vzzbux

TS cannot have a blog we need him here.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

COMMANDO FORCES

Any more news on this, as I need to plan presents to me for next Christmas ;)

Misanthrope

No recent news, but Ash reckons the first figure will be Tharg.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

COMMANDO FORCES

Please say you are kidding, PLEASE!

JOE SOAP

Well Tharg is the longest running character.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mardroid

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 25 December, 2009, 03:21:15 PM
I'd like a Greysuit action figure.

I'd like a Ginger Ninja action figure complete with go-transparent head.

Mind you to make the affect more  authentic, it would probably work better if you head were lose allowing it to be pulled off.

Trouble is, due to the mind's way of cancelling out headless people that figure would forever get lost...
;)

Trout