Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ming

Latest micro-update: we're expecting two versions of Tharg, with different 2000AD logos.  One with the new logo, one with the classic, which fits with the "one easy, one hard" hint we had a while back.  The classic will be the one I'm after (well, I'm after both) but it may be tricky.  We'll see.  Anyway, I've asked for more info on release numbers / method, etc. so fingers crossed there'll be more news soon.

Oh, and the pic we've seen of Tharg so far is not the final production version, so there'll be some tweaking and general improvements until Ash is happy with it, I guess. Still, shouldn't be far off!

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Van Dom

I don't tend to go in for this kind of thing but I'll have to have me a Tharg, that's a must-buy really.
Great idea.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

James Stacey

Quote from: ming on 11 February, 2010, 09:38:30 AM
Latest micro-update: we're expecting two versions of Tharg, with different 2000AD logos.  One with the new logo, one with the classic, which fits with the "one easy, one hard" hint we had a while back.
You're just doing that to bancrupt CF aren't you  :lol:

ming

Me - no way!  Nobody needs to make CF bankrupt, 3A just need to make a 1/6 scale killdozer and we can sit back while he does it himself. ;)

Don't laugh, it might happen.  Either that or a 1/6 Dan Tanner Junction. :D

TordelBack

The simplest route to CF bankruptcy is to produce limited-edition Thargs for each of his different hume avatars - same figure, but with the most relevant logo for their tenure and a stand that says "Tharg (Pat Mills)", "Tharg (Richard Burton)", etc. etc.  Collect the full set and send away for an exclusive "Men in Black (David Bishop)" two-pack!  C'mon, Hasbro'd do it in a flash.

EDIT:  Put the relevant Prog numbers on the stands and I might be interested myself...

Mike Gloady

I'd go for the killdozer myself.  Just imagine if they did CREATORS as well, eh?  Imagine posing the scene with Tharg ordering the destruction of the Fleisher droid and opening Mek-Quake's maw to accept the snivelling script-droid.

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 February, 2010, 11:56:57 AM
The simplest route to CF bankruptcy is to produce limited-edition Thargs for each of his different hume avatars - same figure, but with the most relevant logo for their tenure and a stand that says "Tharg (Pat Mills)", "Tharg (Richard Burton)", etc. etc.  Collect the full set and send away for an exclusive "Men in Black (David Bishop)" two-pack!  C'mon, Hasbro'd do it in a flash.

Okay, I'll send a p.m. to Ash and suggest it. :lol:

Collecting 3A toys may not be for the faint-hearted at times, but it's a small company bringing out extremely cool things, and they're not popping out endless numbers of variants to bleed you dry.  I guess we might see Dredd in various incarnations - rather than just a 'standard' Dredd figure (Apocalypse War Dredd has been mentioned (with Stub Gun) and City of the Damned Dredd, and we all know how messed-up he's been in those).

For me, it's a good way of looking at 2000AD toys - from a fan's point of view rather than mindlessly rolling out bog-standard figures to cover the obvious, popular characters.

Still, the main thing is some of the boxes are big and CF can move into one of those when he goes off the rails. :D

James Stacey

Please sir can we have different artist Dredds. A Carlos Dredd, a Ron Smith Dredd, a Cliff Robinson Dredd. Now that would redefine the word arsom!

Mike Gloady

Mikey

This, my fellow squaxx, is what 'remortgage' is for. I'm up for anything, but would fairly shit a fridge if there was a 1/6 Mek Quake. However, I would no doubt at the very least shit a microwave for Shakara! and a Teknosaur.

I think Rogue would be top notch too after the ABCs. I would love to have a line up of world judges too. And Bad Company. And a few Krool. And Mega City punks. And Winwood and Cord. And...

...I'm going to have to get another job.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ming

Ash is a big (very big) fan of all things 2000AD but has said that his main interest is in characters and stories from the first 500 Progs or so.  I'd love Shakara and posted that McCarthy cover over there a while back, but it's probably unlikely.  Mikey's arse is probably breathing a sigh of relief right about now...

ABC Warriors though - with a McMahon vibe - I'd put money on that...

...but I'm saving it to buy the toys :D

Trout

COMMANDO FORCES

I had a quick look at this thread when I was sat eating a burger in Borough Market during our day out in London and I became so excited that I couldn't type a reply as my fingers wouldn't work properly due to my brain going into meltdown. Now I'm home I can sort of relax as this means all my relatives now know what to get me for my Birthday's and Christmas's in the future and the wife knows what to get me for Valentines day and our Anniversary, plus those other two.

LIFE IS FUCKING GREAT  :lol: :lol: :lol: