Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Quote from: Noisybast on 29 April, 2010, 01:37:25 PM
$80? As in £52 real money? For an action figure?

It's very nice and everything, but Ashley Wood saw you lot coming.

Watch it you! >:(

Next thing'll be you don't believe Tharg exists!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

COMMANDO FORCES

Ashley Wood saw you lot coming.

I do that in the privacy of my own home, so he must be a peeping tom  ;)

Mardroid

$80? As in £52 real money? For an action figure?

I thought that too. But then I noticed from an earlier post... 1/6 scale. That's big. And not unusual for that size.  Although I'm not sure I could justify paying it just the same. I'd be happier with a smaller scale model. (Not that I'm particularly interested in a Tharg, but I'm interested in the ABC warriors and Dredds.)

vzzbux

Just think Action Man size.
About 6 years ago I paid £32 each for my platoon side show figures (Sheen, Defoe and Berenger). I take it these will be exacting standards as Side show.

VNP
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ming

Latest word on Tharg from Ash:

"re THARG RETAIL, soon as we start shipping the Retro Tharg logo, we will offer retailers a different logo Tharg, so yea, if ya want one, bug your fav retailer I guess !"

As soon as I know what retailers will be offering Tharg, I'll drop the news here.  The initial, limited version Tharg will ship in June, so it'll be a little while yet, I guess.  Also, there's a huge 3A show in Beijing in mid-June...  Anyway, when there's news, I'll update here.

ming

Ooh - some new info landed:

From Ash:

"rogue is after mongrol, then female and male judges, then mean, then alpha, more abc, then !"

Woo-hoo! :D

COMMANDO FORCES

Pete Wells

Cheers Ming! Oh, my poor wallet!

Dunk!

"rogue is after mongrol, then female and male judges, then mean, then alpha, more abc, then

Well that's a small rest bite for me through Mongrel and Rogue then poor wallet also.

REALLY looking forward to explaining more "dolls" to the missus... :D
"Trust we"

CrazyFoxMachine

I haven't bought an action figure in five years...this could all soon change...

Dash Decent

Quote from: ming on 14 May, 2010, 06:56:49 AM
From Ash:
"rogue is after mongrol, then female and male judges, then mean, then alpha, more abc, then !"

What?!  Genuine original Rogue?  You little beauty!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

And to remind everyone: these are 1/6 scale (~12" for humans, etc.) and will be weathered and dirty, just as they should be.  Johnny Alpha shouldn't look like he's wearing body armour straight off the shelf, after all.  Electronux!  Woo-hoo!

As for Rogue, I'm hoping for some mini-mines, SAMMYs and maybe, just maybe, Major Magnum.

As usual, I'll keep feeding news here as it arises. :)

CrazyFoxMachine

"and will be weathered and dirty, just as they should be"

Holy shit I'm dribbling. When did I become the kind of person that dribbles at the thought of a 12" 3D replica of Johnny Alpha with a weathered uniform?

Today apparently.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ming on 14 May, 2010, 02:18:50 PM
And to remind everyone: these are 1/6 scale (~12" for humans, etc.) and will be weathered and dirty, just as they should be.  Johnny Alpha shouldn't look like he's wearing body armour straight off the shelf, after all.  Electronux!  Woo-hoo!

As for Rogue, I'm hoping for some mini-mines, SAMMYs and maybe, just maybe, Major Magnum.

As usual, I'll keep feeding news here as it arises. :)

Will it be Ezquerra style Dredd?

ming

No idea about Ezquerra-style Dredd, or how the whole individual stylistic issues will be tackled.  I'll ask Ash, but probably won't get a response. if anything pops up, I'll post it here as always.  I guess it might become clear when Mongrol smushes his way into the world...

Meanwhile, on the subject of sneak peeks or 'blurry' teaser shots of 2000AD figures, Ash had this to say yesterday:

"no blurry stuff, this is licensed material, only when its ready to show and sell can it be shown, them the rules."

So now we know!