Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 15 June, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
I buy stacks of 2000ad stuff and merch in fact i could say i have spent over 100k in the last 20 years, that includes 2000ad art and comics toy ects......i went to buy one of these the day they were offered .... all gone ..i think there is something fishy .... well fuk em ...that company will never get a penny of my money ....( some greedy twat off ebay might thou  :'()

Nothing fishy at all.  Limited number, specific release time, high demand = sold out very fast.

Considering that buying through Bambaland includes free shipping, buying off eBay is crazy unless you're desperate or, er, crazy.

COMMANDO FORCES

On this limited number stuff ming, when will we find out what the number is. I mean will it have 1 of 100 on the base or something, or will we be told before then.
Also mine better arrive soon as it's FATHERS DAY very soon  ;)

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: ming on 15 June, 2010, 10:11:29 PM
Quote from: Fatboydale on 15 June, 2010, 08:42:25 PM
I buy stacks of 2000ad stuff and merch in fact i could say i have spent over 100k in the last 20 years, that includes 2000ad art and comics toy ects......i went to buy one of these the day they were offered .... all gone ..i think there is something fishy .... well fuk em ...that company will never get a penny of my money ....( some greedy twat off ebay might thou  :'()

Nothing fishy at all.  Limited number, specific release time, high demand = sold out very fast.

Considering that buying through Bambaland includes free shipping, buying off eBay is crazy unless you're desperate or, er, crazy.

Is that world wide free shipping?

Does Bambaland sell alot 2000AD stuff like Ebay does. I mean, the earlier, secondhand, &/or out of print material from other people like you or me?

COMMANDO FORCES

It's not like ebay ThryllSeekyr, it's just the selling point for 3A's stuff.

ming

CF:
We'll probably never know how many of the 'limited' classic logo Tharg got made.

3A used to release run numbers (75, 100, whatever) but that just fed into the flipper 'buy-to-sell' profiteer bullshit so now no numbers are released.  The fact that 'limited' figures are still produced and announced as such hasn't exactly solved the problem, but hey.  3A stuff - limited or not - will always be in demand and always command high prices in the aftermarket.

As for shipping: June was the expected shipping month for Tharg, and as there's been no update to counter this, I'm still hoping it's the case.  Having said that, things slip and if there are quality control issues there may be a delay.  Stuff doesn't get rushed out to meet deadlines; when things are perfect they will ship, not before.  Waits of 3 or 4 months after ordering can be expected, so patience is key (even if Fathers Day is coming up).

Thryllseekyr:
CF is right, Bambaland is just the direct online selling point for 3A Toys (and prints, books, whatever).  Some figures will appear through retailers, some toys will get retailer exclusive versions, but the initial Bambaland releases are *the* best time and place to pick things up.  Sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's a fight, but approached with the right spirit and it's all good fun.

And yes, all Bambaland prices include free worldwide shipping (and some of these boxes of multiple 'bots weigh in at 5 or 8 kg).  And - ssshhh - despite the cost of the figures, I've never had to pay customs charges yet.

For those curious about previous 3A toys, right now you can see the total history in the SOLD OUT TOYS section via the link below...  All sold out, never to be repeated.
http://www.bambalandstore.com/

COMMANDO FORCES

One of those Tharg's, that are not available yet, just sold for £100.32 on ebay. Only went and doubled the original price  :o

ming

Pics of Tharg have just cropped up on the 3A forum courtesy of Gimbat...  There's a big 3A (and friends) art show on in Beijing at the moment.  Rufus is exhibiting masses of 2000AD art (and is doing Tank Girl toy designs for 3A).

Meanwhile, Tharg can't be far away now!  Check out these (thanks again to Gimbat):

Looks like McMahon box art to me.  There's a few more pics if you head over to the 3A forum (check the daily news or the Tharg thread).

willthemightyW

Will this ever come back in stock?
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

strontium71

Look at the size of that box!!!!!
You have no idea how jealous I am  :o
...because I hate you.

ming

Quote from: willthemightyW on 26 June, 2010, 07:56:06 PM
Will this ever come back in stock?

This was just the initial release figure; the regular Tharg will be hitting Bambaland (and hopefully retailers) before long.  As soon as there's any news, I'll post it here.

Tharg will be back, though!

:D

willthemightyW

They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

dweezil2

Thanks for posting the pic!

Tharg can't arrive soon enough!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

COMMANDO FORCES

Is the box a lot bigger than Tharg or is it an optical illusion. It just seems that the hands holding the box make it look huge but the hands holding Tharg seem to make him look a lot smaller. Or are they someone elses hands  ;)

ming

Er, would you rather Tharg was a lot bigger than the box?  Boxes need room to allow the figures to be safely contained and shipped (sturdy outer box fits like a glove over this one).

Anyway, how awesome does Tharg look?  Very.

ming

I really, really want a couple of Thrill-Suckers to go along with Tharg.