Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

I'm sure all the flippers will enjoy them.

ming

I couldn't give two shits about the flippers at this point - I'm just picturing Mongrol lumbering towards us, smushing everything in his path.

James Stacey

Quote from: ming on 24 September, 2010, 01:55:54 PM
I couldn't give two shits about the flippers at this point - I'm just picturing Mongrol lumbering towards us, smushing everything in his path.

It does look like it's going to be a lovely piece. Someone should be giving a shit or 2 about the flippers tho or only the wealthiest squax are going to be able to enjoy the smushings.

Jim_Campbell

Fuck. I'm remarkably resistant to merchandise, but I really, really HAVE to get me one of those.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ming

Quote from: James Stacey on 24 September, 2010, 01:59:15 PMIt does look like it's going to be a lovely piece. Someone should be giving a shit or 2 about the flippers tho or only the wealthiest squax are going to be able to enjoy the smushings.

It's not that I'm not bothered by the existence of flippers (I am, but they'll always exist and sniff around this kind of item), more that I'd rather focus my attention on what promises to be a great 2000AD toy and try and be positive about it.

As I've said many times previously, if you want one of these things you can avoid paying through the nose in the aftermarket by keeping an eye on news about the sale date (I'll be posting loud and clear!) and then being prepared to show up at Bambaland on time for the sale, with PayPal at the ready.

As soon as any word on price emerges I'll post here (or in a 3A Mongrol thread as approriate) - I'm guessing at $200-250 (including shipping worldwide) but we'll see what we get.  As soon as there's more news, I'll post - and when the sale date is announced I'll post with details of HOW, WHERE, WHEN, etc. so everyone that wants one can be prepared.  Showing up on time (ready to go) is the key, to be honest, but I'll try and make this do-able for those chasing Mongrol.

Maybe November?  Unlikely to be earlier, but I'll post any news, etc., etc.

J3D1

Man this is gonna be one sweet release!

Mardroid

Oooh the tease! The head looks proportionately small to me, but as it's blurred that might not be an accurate representation. Shape and posture looks good though.

Out of my price range though. Even more than Tharg was. On comparing to other similarly sized and detailed figures elsewhere I appreciate that price actually isn't bad though.

EDIT- Actually looking at other pictures of Mongrol, including this firesteps image I see his head is actually proportionally quite small. Obviously it was my mental picture that was off.

Fatboydale

After the last epsiode with Tharg , my advice is stay away from 3A and its shitty web site ...

Still have not found out what the Tharg is limited to ???

strontium71

Shhh...

Can you hear that?

It's the sound of my bank account crying..

'No more withdrawals.Please.For Gods sake - save!!!'

Hey , Bank account? - Piss Off!!!
...because I hate you.

dweezil2

I'm all over this!  :D

Bring on the Mongrol!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Beeks

Call me naive but WTF is a flipper?!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Wake

Quote from: George Moore on 24 September, 2010, 10:41:41 PM
Call me naive but WTF is a flipper?!

Someone who buys something with the intention of reselling it at a profit immediately.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Wake on 24 September, 2010, 10:51:23 PM
Someone who buys something with the intention of reselling it at a profit immediately.

And there was me thinking it was the dolphin version of Skippy...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Beeks

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 24 September, 2010, 10:55:08 PM
Quote from: Wake on 24 September, 2010, 10:51:23 PM

And there was me thinking it was the dolphin version of Skippy...

Cheers!

Jim

you and me both Jim haha

cheers Wake ;)
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steven Sterlacchini

This looks very good. The Tharg looked nice as well, and the price seemed okay on that one, if you could get one at that price.

£125 - £150ish? I'm sure it's worth every penny, but it's well out of my price range and not really a toy. It's cool that high end stuff like this is being released, but it would be nice to see some cheaper proper toys as well.

No one is going to buy this for their kid and perhaps spark an interest in the tooth.