Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatboydale

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 February, 2011, 05:28:15 PM
Thank fuck nobody is forcing you to buy thing thing, Dale.

nice ... i put foward an articulate argument , and i get an insult . Or do you deem to judge it unworthy for a forum ..!!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Fatboydale on 22 February, 2011, 05:33:05 PM

nice ... i put foward an articulate argument , and i get an insult . Or do you deem to judge it unworthy for a forum ..!!

One man's articulate argument is another man's tired old winge. Perhaps if you posted something other than complaints about action figures then it wouldn't seem like all you ever do is complain about action figures?

Just a thought.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 22 February, 2011, 05:40:17 PM
Quote from: Fatboydale on 22 February, 2011, 05:33:05 PM

One man's articulate argument is another man's tired old winge. Perhaps if you posted something other than complaints about action figures then it wouldn't seem like all you ever do is complain about action figures?

Just a thought.

what i think and say is my concern , if my comment was out of order or offensive or untrue , i would be happy to apologies ... but i do not expect a senior mod to have a silly pop at me ..maybe i am not the only one who like to winge ..!!!

JOE SOAP

ming

Quote from: Fatboydale on 22 February, 2011, 05:15:48 PMMongrol looks fooking great even at $250 , but to tell me that there is going to be different coloured one's Black ( orange or even pink for the ladies ) but we cannot buy them because they are for retail only ( which really means a price hike )  , that smell's like carrot and the donkey ...

A simple concept is what would have been nice , but 3A in their wisdom wish to treat their customers like fools ....

Just to clear up that point, Dale... The 'Black' Mongrol is just exclusive to the Bambaland sale, which means it (and the 'normal' version) comes at $250 including shipping.  The retail version will be the regular one, and obviously won't come with free shipping.

Mardroid

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 February, 2011, 05:47:47 PM
He did say he loves 2000AD.

And the Scouse Dragon's Den joke made me laugh.

But yeah, in the past I've often bought comics for which there are variants. (Marvel seem to do that kinda thing quite a lot.) I just don't buy the variants. I'd treat a figure the same way. (I don't mean that in a 'have-a-go-tone.')

That retail 'pay a bit as you go' scheme mentioned earlier sounds like a good idea by the way. I wonder how much more it will turn out to be? They usually add a chunk of interest on top,if it follows a similar scheme to the Catalogue businesses (remember those? I think they still operate. My Mum used to get those in... Kays and the like. I notice electrical good stores still do that too.)

A viable alternative though for those who have to check the pennies.

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't understand why everyone is picking on Dale again. I agree with the 'BLACK' version, I have never seen it in the comic so am perplexed as to why Ash would make one.

My problem with the barrage of critiscism that Dale gets is this, he buys a lot of 2000AD stuff and the people who give him a bollocking don't. If you want to have a go at the man at least step into the arena and spend your money in the market place. There is no point saying he's wrong when he at least will buy the stuff and give the seller his money (or not in certain cases). I had a similar complaint about the second series of phonecards when the site selling the cards put the price up halfway through the series. I rang them up and told them to stuff the rest of the cards up their arse. See I was the person paying the money and therefore can have my say, the same goes for Dale. At least he puts his money where his mouth is.

Now before we all get hot under the collar, I know these items are well out of most peoples price ranges but even when the cheaper stuff has been sold years back that has failed to sell. I think that paints a picture of how well 2000AD stuff sells outside the comics. I am very glad that Ash has stepped up to the plate and put his money where his mouth is but equally the customer has a right to praise or complain about something he is going to spend his hard earned money on.

I have said in an earlier post that I think Mongrol looks good but I wouldn't buy a black one, as it doesn't register with me, not saying that I wouldn't buy a normal one! Also I am impressed that Ash has decided to allow some retailers to stock it, as this can only be a good thing.

I hope the 2000AD line keeps selling and I eagerly await the Judge line  :D

ming

The chances are that the black Mongrol is just something Ash came up with to help boost sales among 3A collectors and people who like the look of the figure but don't have any background with 2000AD.  He already seems fairly popular with people who don't have a clue about the character, although Ash has said clearly that 'regular is the best one'.

Given the time and money that's gone into creating Mongrol (I mean, look at him), I can't blame Ah for trying to get a few extra sales and to help keep the line going.  The 'different' sales approach he hinted at may also help.

At least we're not looking at a really limited number, or a very short ordering window, and with a retailer option allowing people to pick up the regular Mongrol down the line, it looks like Ash is at least trying to meet demand.

Richmond Clements

QuoteMy problem with the barrage of critiscism that Dale gets is this, he buys a lot of 2000AD stuff and the people who give him a bollocking don't.

CF, you buy a shit load of stuff too, and you don't get any criticism. Why do you think that is? Could it be, perhaps, a difference in attitude displayed here on the boards?

COMMANDO FORCES

Damn, I try to exude an air of menace when I'm out and about. I suppose the wife is right, I'm a big softy at heart  :-[

#Ming any ideas on when Dredd and his fellow Judges are coming out, I presume in time for the films release? What I'm trying to say is Dates please!

SmallBlueThing

Yeah, sorry Richmond sir, but 'no ones forcing you to buy it' is no argument against someone moaning about the company's practices. But as cf says- a black mongrel? No thanks. For much the same reasons i dont want a yellow tharg, or a green dredd.
And, from my own point of view, anyone who pays £250 for an action figure is mental. Endearingly mental, but mental.
SBT

ming

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 22 February, 2011, 07:10:53 PM
Yeah, sorry Richmond sir, but 'no ones forcing you to buy it' is no argument against someone moaning about the company's practices. But as cf says- a black mongrel? No thanks. For much the same reasons i dont want a yellow tharg, or a green dredd.
And, from my own point of view, anyone who pays £250 for an action figure is mental. Endearingly mental, but mental.
SBT

See above for my likey reasons for the black Mongrol... Aimed not at hardcore 2000AD fans, I'll bet.

And can you please get your head around the fact the price is in US Dollars, and includes shipping worldwide?  For a big box weighing several kilos, that's a pretty big deal.

Yours mentally, etc., etc.

:D

SmallBlueThing

Ive 'got my head around it', and it's still $250 for an action figure, big box or not!

There is a recession, you know. ;-)

SBT

Mikey

As Ming said the black variant is likely to appeal to the 3a crowd-many other releases get the same treatment so it suits some collectors shelves.

I can't fuckin wait!

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ming

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 22 February, 2011, 07:06:20 PM
#Ming any ideas on when Dredd and his fellow Judges are coming out, I presume in time for the films release? What I'm trying to say is Dates please![/color]

No idea, I'm afraid.  2011?  Given the long wait and the short notice for Mongrol, it's clear that 3A don't give out too much information ahead of time.  In this case, some of that is probably due to the nature of the licence from Rebellion, though.