Main Menu

1925 - Force Of nature

Started by Bad City Blue, 01 April, 2015, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 08 April, 2015, 09:29:27 PM
Blow it to hell, contender for panel of the year in my eyes

Dredd's defo on one in that panel, much frustration and a lot of pain in that overt sentiment - great stuff!

Jacqusie

...oh and anyone that wants a few snippets of what's to come and a whole heap of justifiable praise for the Flint droid, this might be worth a scan...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/williams-explains-why-he-sentenced-judge-dredd-to-enceladus

:thumbsup:

Judge Nutmeg

Quote from: Jacqusie on 09 April, 2015, 12:18:48 AM
...oh and anyone that wants a few snippets of what's to come and a whole heap of justifiable praise for the Flint droid, this might be worth a scan...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/williams-explains-why-he-sentenced-judge-dredd-to-enceladus

:thumbsup:

cool

I, Cosh

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 01 April, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
Quote from: Zenith 666 on 01 April, 2015, 03:21:52 PMThryllseekyr is going to go into meltdown when he sees that cover.
Soth! It's the spit of Harry Styles!
Arf. Another nice Davis painting here but, unless I miss my guess, it's another young pop sensation that's gracing this week's cover. Time for Thryllseekyr to start shunning poring over images of Bonnie Prince Billy. Titan was my favourite Dredd story of last year. The way you assumed it was going to be digging up Sinfield but then it became a Low Life story was great. I was pretty keen to see the continuation and so far I'm on the fence. Flint's art is as outstanding as ever, with the red and white theme in this week's episode particularly striking. The opener was solid - scene with the futsie tickled me - but the developments this week haven't really grabbed me. I'm getting to the point where I'd be happy if Hershey would agree with Dredd about something just for a change and the muddled psychological fallout was the one part of the earlier story which I didn't think hit the mark and stopped it from being a real classic. Digging back into that aspect doesn't pump my 'nads much. Nonetheless, a good team turning in a decent story here. Like many, I thought the last Slaine outing was the best for a decade. While I can't really top or argue with Mr Blue's earlier assessment, I would say that I don't necessarily take it as a criticism:
Quote...the first two episodes are basically him having a scrap with a magical knobhead, both parties talking bollocks throughout.
The recent Orlok story ended up being a passable thriller which really didn't need to be called Orlok. Here, he's off to explore another little part of the world. There's a deliberate silliness to this one, with it's codpiece-thrusting opponent, which I'm nor sure how to take. Jake Lynch is definitely a promising artist but, for the moment, I think he could do with taking a step back and a bit of time to play with some more basic layouts. I was frequently unsure if a character was supposed to be Orlok or the Widower and the first page reveal of Oz Mutants (a clip for those not up on their Brazilian rock) is certainly full of energy, but it's also pretty difficult to differentiate the individual characters from the mass. I like the short form, episodic structure of Grey Area. I'll reserve judgement on the current fish out of water scenario until it's had a bit of time to grow. Which leaves Strontium Dog to bring up the rear. I like the new duds. I'm happy we've gotten the resurrection story over and done with. I was hoping for one of the more light-hearted adventures but it doesn't look like that's where it's going. Let's see.
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Cosh on 10 April, 2015, 12:40:24 AM
Quote from: Bad City Blue on 01 April, 2015, 03:23:05 PM
Quote from: Zenith 666 on 01 April, 2015, 03:21:52 PMThryllseekyr is going to go into meltdown when he sees that cover.
Soth! It's the spit of Harry Styles!
Arf. Another nice Davis painting here but, unless I miss my guess, it's another young pop sensation that's gracing this week's cover. Time for Thryllseekyr to start shunning poring over images of Bonnie Prince Billy. Titan was my favourite Dredd story of last year. The way you assumed it was going to be digging up Sinfield but then it became a Low Life story was great. I was pretty keen to see the continuation and so far I'm on the fence. Flint's art is as outstanding as ever, with the red and white theme in this week's episode particularly striking. The opener was solid - scene with the futsie tickled me - but the developments this week haven't really grabbed me. I'm getting to the point where I'd be happy if Hershey would agree with Dredd about something just for a change and the muddled psychological fallout was the one part of the earlier story which I didn't think hit the mark and stopped it from being a real classic. Digging back into that aspect doesn't pump my 'nads much. Nonetheless, a good team turning in a decent story here. Like many, I thought the last Slaine outing was the best for a decade. While I can't really top or argue with Mr Blue's earlier assessment, I would say that I don't necessarily take it as a criticism:
Quote...the first two episodes are basically him having a scrap with a magical knobhead, both parties talking bollocks throughout.
The recent Orlok story ended up being a passable thriller which really didn't need to be called Orlok. Here, he's off to explore another little part of the world. There's a deliberate silliness to this one, with it's codpiece-thrusting opponent, which I'm nor sure how to take. Jake Lynch is definitely a promising artist but, for the moment, I think he could do with taking a step back and a bit of time to play with some more basic layouts. I was frequently unsure if a character was supposed to be Orlok or the Widower and the first page reveal of Oz Mutants (a clip for those not up on their Brazilian rock) is certainly full of energy, but it's also pretty difficult to differentiate the individual characters from the mass. I like the short form, episodic structure of Grey Area. I'll reserve judgement on the current fish out of water scenario until it's had a bit of time to grow. Which leaves Strontium Dog to bring up the rear. I like the new duds. I'm happy we've gotten the resurrection story over and done with. I was hoping for one of the more light-hearted adventures but it doesn't look like that's where it's going. Let's see.

I reckon all the past Slaine artists (Not Angela and Massimo Maybe that's stretching similarity and he obviously wasn't drawing himself in to the character, unless he looked that way when  a younger man!) should have a shot arte being Slaine!

Some of them would have ben very suitable while in their prime.....

Then he warped, yet perfectly without losing his head....

And the latest ones!....

Can anybody show a picture of Massimo when he looked like his own version of Slaine?

Can anybody prove to me Glenn Fabry (Respectably!) ever looked anything like....

A younger Jack Nicoleson.....

BTW Leonardo Dicaprio does a great impression of the man....

Not sure, he could fully become him, though.

And I always imagined he Christian Slater when I noticed a few pictures of him in the same Google images section....

I think it's his trademark arched eyebrows.....yet, I'm he did model himself on Jack as well!

Now he's a bit warped now these days himself.

Or Sam Neil holding axe....

ThryllSeekyr

Sorry about the last post...as second thought I might have created my own topic to post all that, but no second there was given after I already submitted.

I've now read last week's Slaine may be able to afford this week's as well.

I don't a problem with the Slaine/adversary dialoge during a fight.

Has done this before?

Is it the first time?

I will go back and check on this.....later.

Maybe if Pat Mills made the dialoge narrative being told by Slaine in retrospect. Allowing him to beef it up more like a lot of you say it is.....

[spoiler]Was wondering if it's hard to understand Feg's offspring's anger over his death . It's understandable I think. I seriously think if he took a good look at his dad and spent more time with him. He might almost want to thank him.

Give him a big wet sloppy kiss....maybe he's a she even :o

Although the slightly hairy and masculine looking arms on it say otherwise.
[/spoiler]

The episode is too short. I know I have problems reading, but it's not so serious a problem that I can't process more than what has been provided each week.

BTW, I could totally dress up as that one, I already have the dark grey robes I purchased as part of my Gandalf the Grey out fit. They're darker than I wanted them to be and would probably complete the effect with these....

The sword he carries....

The sword he carries is harder to find one that looks just like it. So I guess Glamdring might have to do.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 14 April, 2015, 06:02:33 AM
I don't a problem with the Slaine/adversary dialoge during a fight...

Maybe if Pat Mills made the dialoge narrative being told by Slaine in retrospect. Allowing him to beef it up more like a lot of you say it is.....

It's a convention that appears loads, especially in comics, but it's always irritated me. The odd bit of banter while battling is all well and fine, but it was the sheer amount of talking here that I found a bit silly - two and a half episodes of it! Gododin's dastardly plan seems to be to bore Slaine to death.
@jamesfeistdraws

Spaceghost

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 14 April, 2015, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 14 April, 2015, 06:02:33 AM
I don't a problem with the Slaine/adversary dialoge during a fight...

It's a convention that appears loads, especially in comics, but it's always irritated me. The odd bit of banter while battling is all well and fine, but it was the sheer amount of talking here that I found a bit silly - two and a half episodes of it! Gododin's dastardly plan seems to be to bore Slaine to death.

These huge chunks of implausible dialogue are endemic of Pat Mills' writing these days. The characters all begin to speak with the writer's voice and become mouthpieces for whatever bluntly delivered rhetoric Mills wants to hammer home.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...