Main Menu

10 Day Delay on Deliveries to Northern Ireland and Ireland

Started by Splank!, 07 November, 2019, 09:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splank!

Just placing my order for the 2020 specials and I see that there is a message that orders to ROI and Northern Ireland, including subscription deliveries, are subject to possible delays of 10 days.  Could someone explain why? 

So far everything I've received from Rebellion here in Belfast has come via the Post Office.  Should be no reason for delays. 

NapalmKev

I can't say for certain but maybe it is because we are poised to leave Europe and everything will be subject to border checks that were not there previously. I could be wildly off the mark, however.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

wedgeski

I would imagine an automated worst-case-scenario warning has kicked in post the original Brexit deadline.

Splank!

The message did say that it was a temporary delay and they were working to deal with it, so I doubt Brexit is the answer.   At least in the case of Northern Ireland. 

TordelBack

I'd be willing to bet Brexit IS the issue, even if indirectly and pre-emptively. Time for those boomers to start digging for victory, I'd say.

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 07 November, 2019, 10:18:48 AM
I'd be willing to bet Brexit IS the issue, even if indirectly and pre-emptively.

Reducing Thrill-Power overload with the Nordie population could save the NHS up to £350 Million per week.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"