Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 November, 2017, 06:16:38 PM
Quote from: Fungus on 15 November, 2017, 05:41:07 PM
It's been established the collection will be the main strips - and lots of books for each. So unlikely any VCs.

VCs is more of a 'main strip' than the likes of Ampney Crucis and Sooner or Later...!

I knew you'd say that.

Richard

VCs is not the best the prog has to offer. It's the Mega Collection, not the Meh Collection.

Fungus

Quote from: Richard on 16 November, 2017, 12:47:43 AM
VCs is not the best the prog has to offer. It's the Mega Collection, not the Meh Collection.

It's not the Mega Collection.

Sorry 😉

On strip selection, perhaps this was focus grouped, who knows? I'd prefer the shorter gems (Harry Twenty, Tribal Memories, Moore's Future Shocks, etc.) to offer the very best experience, but maybe older B/W has to be rationed for today's potential customers. But in truth I don't want another 80 (?) hardbacks - I'd given up on floppy comics in theory anyway. Cherry-picking Nemesis, Dante, Ace Trucking and a few others is just fine by me. Beautiful books so far.

Jade Falcon

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 15 November, 2017, 04:07:12 PM
Jade- The VC's was finished off in the floppies earlier this year. I don't think they are to be included in the collection.

So how long did it go on beyond the "Back in Action" trade.

Digital format I don't mind for novels, but not comics or illustrated non fiction.

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Bolt-01

From memory there were 2 floppies worth of material- so approx 110 pages. I'd have to dig 'em out to check what issues of the Meg they were with, though.

Taryn Tailz

I realise I'm probably way too late to this party, but is there anyway I can still pick up a copy of Slaine - The Horned God for £1.99? I don't see any way of picking up back issue from the Ultimate Collection website.

jabish

Does anyone know if Ro-Busters is slated to appear in the collection? Sorry of this has already been asked and answered.

IndigoPrime

Totting up the numbers, it doesn't appear to be in the initial run. Also, with Starlord Strontium Dog not being included, if you're considering the special offer on the Ro-Busters hardback, you might want to grab a copy.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 November, 2017, 01:43:49 PM
Totting up the numbers, it doesn't appear to be in the initial run. Also, with Starlord Strontium Dog not being included, if you're considering the special offer on the Ro-Busters hardback, you might want to grab a copy.
I've followed this logic as well. Even if it gets included down the line it will be at least three years so I'm happy to plug for the bigger HB right now.

Arkady

Quote from: Tomwe on 17 November, 2017, 01:54:12 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 November, 2017, 01:43:49 PM
I've followed this logic as well. Even if it gets included down the line it will be at least three years so I'm happy to plug for the bigger HB right now.

Sorry if I'm being thick but what's the Stront-RoBusters connection?

The Amstor Computer

Quote from: Arkady on 17 November, 2017, 09:24:01 PMSorry if I'm being thick but what's the Stront-RoBusters connection?

If the Strontium Dog volumes don't include the Starlord stories, it's a fair bet that - even if Ro-Busters makes it in - it will be missing the Starlord stories, which are included in the existing hardback Ro-Busters collections Rebellion put out.

Arkady

Ah, thanks. I didn't realise Ro-Busters originated in Statlord!

A.Cow

Quote from: Arkady on 17 November, 2017, 10:52:15 PM
Ah, thanks. I didn't realise Ro-Busters originated in Statlord!

I think you're getting confused.  Statlord was the comic with numerically-themed strips, like Fiends of the Upper Percentile and Anderson: Phi Coefficient.

Do you mean Stairlord?  Y'know, the one which featured Stannah & Her Amazing Floating Chair and The ABC Bannisters?