General Chat > Film Discussion

Dredd (2012)

<< < (3/2645) > >>

Beaky Smoochies:

--- Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 September, 2011, 01:51:16 AM ---3 films have been tentatively planned.

--- End quote ---

Allon Reich, one of Dredd's producers, is on record in an interview with Variety  magazine, wherein he stated they were aiming for a potential "three-picture" franchise, and also, Andrew MacDonald, another of Dredd's producers has stated that writer Alex Garland already had a number of ideas for sequels (if they happen), taken together, it certainly sounds like the Dredd production team are probably already thinking seriously about potential sequel storylines, my vote is still on Judge Death in either the second or third film, and probably a Block War in the second, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, roll on 21/9/12...

Fuzzed:
A different actor every time? So everyone can angst and whine about it every single bloody time? Seriously? Yeah, no thanks. I know I know I know, what's a forum for but to angst and whine, you say. Fine. *grumps* Just putting forth my tuppenny.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's the norm to operate under a trilogy 'contract' these days, ie, actors agreeing to return should there be more and so on. Read that somewhere, or saw an interview, or both. Might even have been here. Doesn't really guarantee sequels.

I was reading up about box office and finance etc on one of the comic sites and it's quite frightening how well a film has to do to get a sequel. Makes it even more amazing that there was a Serenity movie.

Goaty:
Well if anyone interesting, as the new Dredd's director, his first film (well he did many tv programmes!) called Vantage Point, it is on Five at 8.05pm tonight, it not bad, but well action.

vzzbux:
Well I hope a sequel follows. The Spiderman reboot already has a sequel penned apparently.

V

JOE SOAP:

--- Quote from: Goaty on 11 September, 2011, 07:29:39 PM ---Well if anyone interesting, as the new Dredd's director, his first film (well he did many tv programmes!) called Vantage Point, it is on Five at 8.05pm tonight, it not bad, but well action.

--- End quote ---

His first film is really Omagh, although a feature film produced for TV, is much better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version