Main Menu

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

Started by Bolt-01, 22 August, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Thanks, Frank: looks like an unused cover.

Okay: here's another puzzle - my Megazine 2.43 has a page missing between the end of Mechanismo - Body Count and the status report page for Creep.  What's on the missing page?

(I'm doing an indexing project, and get curious about things that are missing.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 21 July, 2019, 04:48:55 PM

Looks like Joe's getting ready for a good old rummage down the back of those Emphatically Yesses.

Probably looking for that missing badge.

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Funt Solo on 22 July, 2019, 03:11:39 AM

Okay: here's another puzzle - my Megazine 2.43 has a page missing between the end of Mechanismo - Body Count and the status report page for Creep.  What's on the missing page?

It's the 1993 Megazine Readers' Survey (they were giving away pages of original artwork by the likes of Ian Gibson, Frank Quitely and Peter Doherty, so that one's actually quite difficult to find intact.)
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Lobo Baggins

Part of it is the cover for the Megazine 2.13 - it is indeed credited to Dean Ormston.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Funt Solo

Quote from: Lobo Baggins on 22 July, 2019, 04:01:02 PM

It's the 1993 Megazine Readers' Survey (they were giving away pages of original artwork by the likes of Ian Gibson, Frank Quitely and Peter Doherty, so that one's actually quite difficult to find intact.)

Thanks, Lobo.  Pushing my luck, but does the survey take up both sides of the page? 
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Frank

Funt Solo

I've no memory of sending that in, but I suppose I must have.

Thanks, Frank.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funt Solo

Dodgy internet in this guesthouse. Is Barney down?  I keep getting sent to a BT setup page. The very idea of Barney being down makes my sky fall in.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 01 August, 2019, 09:49:09 PM
Dodgy internet in this guesthouse. Is Barney down?  I keep getting sent to a BT setup page. The very idea of Barney being down makes my sky fall in.

It's working here - the BT setup page is probably the default page put out by your router when your internet is down (people not on BT will get Sky, Virgin, et al).

Dandontdare

another plea for information from the hive mind!

Several years ago Marvel put out a ridiculously huge book spanning the history of Marvel (possibly for the 75th anniversay?). It was the size of a coffee table, very expensive and contained lots of inserts, pop ups, and loose-leaf additions such as FOOM membership cards etc

I cant remember what it was called or find any information using different Google searches - can anyone help me/

(I'm not planning on buying it, but was discussing oversize special editions with a mate)

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Don't think so - the one I'm thinking about was more like a massive book-shaped box as it contained lots of loose bits in it, that's the one I kept finding in my searches, but it's just a book.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Bingo!

You truly are legendary, Mr Shark!

although it isn't really that big or expensive - I may have been mentally conflating it with something else.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]