Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Freaks (inc Faces) vs Dredd (Movie) - Round 1 Heat 19

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 November, 2021, 06:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

The Dredd stuff was great, but Freaks wins it for me.  Pete Milligan could do no wrong in his heyday.  Even the second one held up pretty well, even while John Higgins wrote himself as many tits as possible to draw.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Freaks. Dredd started well but tailed off. I really disliked how it ended.

Magnetica

The art on Freaks is top notch. Can't remember much about the story so my vote goes to movie Dredd.

Rogue Judge

Finally something I've read! As I've mostly enjoyed the Dredd tie-ins it gets my vote. Not read Freaks.

Colin YNWA

Just the one vote wrapping up tomorrow - this one - as the other tie was abandoned due to ... well cock-up...this one seems to be going one way but looks very close from a quick scan. Votes today could well determine the result. I'll count up in the morning.

sheridan

Freaks - I did like the Dredd film continuations, but the tone wasn't always quite right, and I think there was a little too much trying to get elements we're familiar with from prog Dredd in to film Dredd.

Link Prime

The 'Dredd' stuff started strong and ended weak.

I remember quite looking forward to having Alex Di Campi co-write the 'Dark Judges' story-line as she had really impressed me with her various Grindhouse series.
I was bitterly disappointed.
Looking back, the 'Dredd' universe should have remained more grounded, keeping in line with our favourite film.

Anyway, I'll vote Freaks.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well it wasn't close. No fear of Movie Dredd being used as a proxy for regular Dredd and

Freaks

has stormed home here and into the 2nd round.