General Chat > Games

Cursed Earth Card Game by Osprey - House Rules?

<< < (2/2)

The Bissler:
Thanks for the replies all!

--- Quote from: gurnard on 22 November, 2021, 01:41:52 PM ---Yeah I increased everything for all users and still could not win.
No I have never won.

But yeah it is a lovely game. :-)

--- End quote ---

Wow, I thought it might just need a minor adjustment on that front to fix it! I will definitely experiment and let you know the outcome!

--- Quote from: sheridan on 22 November, 2021, 02:28:21 PM ---Not tried any house rules, but haven't won yet either (not that we've tried for a while, but it's a good game, other than apparently being impossible to win).

--- End quote ---

Ha, yes, it's the 'impossible' part I'm not that fond of - I like to be able to have a reasonable chance of success when playing games, but maybe that's just me...

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 November, 2021, 03:26:45 PM ---I really need to break this put again - one of the few games I own which has a solo mode!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, since the pandemic hit, I've rarely been able to meet up with friends so that was part of the draw with this.

--- Quote from: CalHab on 22 November, 2021, 03:57:53 PM ---Its a beautiful game but I just couldn't get into it. I think I probably just don't enjoy solo games.

I absolutely loved Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter, though. I got the Dark Judges expansion, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hopefully it did well enough that they can justify more. An ABC Warriors/Nemesis expansion would be brilliant!

--- End quote ---

Ah, I was thinking of asking about JD: HS because I like the look of the minis - good to know the game is fun as well! I take it you can't really play solo? I don't really have many gaming friends who are 2000AD fans as well (shocking, I know) and I already have Warlord Games' SD and JD games so it's hard to justify something which will require more players at the moment.

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: The Bissler on 22 November, 2021, 06:49:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: CalHab on 22 November, 2021, 03:57:53 PM ---I absolutely loved Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter, though. I got the Dark Judges expansion, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hopefully it did well enough that they can justify more. An ABC Warriors/Nemesis expansion would be brilliant!

--- End quote ---

Ah, I was thinking of asking about JD: HS because I like the look of the minis - good to know the game is fun as well! I take it you can't really play solo?

--- End quote ---

Helter Skelter is a truly gorgeous game, and plays really well. It's a tabeltop 2000AD Super Smash Bros - what's not to like?! The Dark Judges expansion introduces solo rules, so that your team can go up against the DJs - you could probably fudge some house rules from that so that you could go up against any other team.

The Bissler:

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 November, 2021, 07:37:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Bissler on 22 November, 2021, 06:49:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: CalHab on 22 November, 2021, 03:57:53 PM ---I absolutely loved Judge Dredd: Helter Skelter, though. I got the Dark Judges expansion, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Hopefully it did well enough that they can justify more. An ABC Warriors/Nemesis expansion would be brilliant!

--- End quote ---

Ah, I was thinking of asking about JD: HS because I like the look of the minis - good to know the game is fun as well! I take it you can't really play solo?

--- End quote ---

Helter Skelter is a truly gorgeous game, and plays really well. It's a tabeltop 2000AD Super Smash Bros - what's not to like?! The Dark Judges expansion introduces solo rules, so that your team can go up against the DJs - you could probably fudge some house rules from that so that you could go up against any other team.

--- End quote ---

Ah, nice! The wife has been asking me what I'd like for Christmas so it seems that I'm sorted! Cheers DJ!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version