Main Menu

The 2021 2000AD Messageboard Advent Calendar

Started by sheridan, 30 November, 2021, 02:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I've not seen anything along these lines suggested for this year, but wouldn't there normally be an announcement about the advent calendar by now?  'Lovely' Pete Wells is a bit busy this year (announced why on Facebook but I can't remember if it was for public consumption or not, so I won't go in to specifics here, but it's good news for Pete) so I can see why there hasn't been anything so far.

With nine hours until December it's a bit short notice (as opposed to the week or two usuall) but here's a list of numbers for people to reply and fill in with their names.  For myself I'll do what I did last year and post daily translations of 2000AD blurbs (so I won't put my name down on any particular day).

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th - EVERYONE!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 30 November, 2021, 02:54:54 PM
I won't go in to specifics here, but it's good news for Pete

He's the new CEO of Greggs, isn't he...? They foolishly introduced a "Get one share in the company for every ten steak bakes purchased" loyalty scheme and he had a controlling interest in the business in under a year.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Funt Solo

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd - Double Secret Project Epsilon (Funt Solo)
24th -
25th - EVERYONE!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Thank you for doing this Sheridan. I do have something I'd like to do and having a deadline will hopefully make it happen! So...

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th - colin.ynwa
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
24th -
25th - EVERYONE!

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 November, 2021, 03:50:08 PM
Thank you for doing this Sheridan. I do have something I'd like to do and having a deadline will hopefully make it happen! So...

No problem it was super easy, barely an inconvenience* (I copied and pasted what Pete posted from a previous year and wrote a bit at the beginning).  Certainly agree about the deadline thing - I've volunteered myself to do 25 of those translations.  I have ten already (of varying quality) and have to go through the process of translating the rest - which might sound easy but to get something that's a) not immediately obvious and b) entertaining can take some work* :)

* spot the reference!
** using a very lax definition of the word 'work' here, obviously.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: sheridan on 30 November, 2021, 02:54:54 PM
I've not seen anything along these lines suggested for this year, but wouldn't there normally be an announcement about the advent calendar by now?  'Lovely' Pete Wells is a bit busy this year (announced why on Facebook but I can't remember if it was for public consumption or not, so I won't go in to specifics here, but it's good news for Pete) so I can see why there hasn't been anything so far.

With nine hours until December it's a bit short notice (as opposed to the week or two usuall) but here's a list of numbers for people to reply and fill in with their names.  For myself I'll do what I did last year and post daily translations of 2000AD blurbs (so I won't put my name down on any particular day).

1st -
2nd -
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th -
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
23rd -
24th -
25th - EVERYONE!
Sheridan

Never participated in this before but l'd been  working on a couple of things in anticipation. So I can do the 1st & 2nd to give some breathing  space for others.
Do i just post on this thread  tomorrow or will  you create  a specific one?

Trooper McFad
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Ohhh I've not watched one of those Pitch meeting thingies for an age. Just see if there are any good ones...

sheridan

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2021, 04:51:55 PM
Sheridan

Never participated in this before but l'd been  working on a couple of things in anticipation. So I can do the 1st & 2nd to give some breathing  space for others.

Trooper McFad

Good question - I'm new to this but it seems to be tradition to have an advent calendar thread and then a comments thread - or am I getting mixed up with the art competitions?   I guess they're similar in many ways so it looks like I'll be starting two new threads tomorrow!

I'll reply to Colin's calendar adding your name...

sheridan

1st - Trooper McFad
2nd - Trooper McFad
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th - colin.ynwa
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
24th -
25th - EVERYONE!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: sheridan on 30 November, 2021, 05:04:35 PM
Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2021, 04:51:55 PM
Sheridan

Trooper McFad

Good question - I'm new to this but it seems to be tradition to have an advent calendar thread and then a comments thread - or am I getting mixed up with the art competitions?   I guess they're similar in many ways so it looks like I'll be starting two new threads tomorrow!

I'll reply to Colin's calendar adding your name...
Thanks

Colin YNWA

Trooper McFad can I be cheeky and share 2nd - what I have is neither 2000ad or X-Mas but I will make clear when I post why its very fitting - in the YNWA Household anyway for the calendar. So am I okay to share the slot?

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 November, 2021, 09:36:04 PM
Trooper McFad can I be cheeky and share 2nd - what I have is neither 2000ad or X-Mas but I will make clear when I post why its very fitting - in the YNWA Household anyway for the calendar. So am I okay to share the slot?

You certainly can ti's the season to share  😀

(You can have it all yourself if you want and I'll take the 3rd ?)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 30 November, 2021, 09:42:10 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 November, 2021, 09:36:04 PM

You certainly can ti's the season to share  😀

(You can have it all yourself if you want and I'll take the 3rd ?)

Thank you but since mine is an utter indulgence best to have something proper to lead the day!

sheridan

1st - Trooper McFad
2nd - Trooper McFad plus mysterious colin.ynwa indulgence
3rd -
4th -
5th -
6th -
7th -
8th -
9th -
10th -
11th -
12th -
13th -
14th -
15th - colin.ynwa
16th -
17th -
18th -
19th -
20th -
21st -
22nd -
24th -
25th - EVERYONE!