Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Just one more time

Started by broodblik, 02 March, 2022, 03:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 March, 2022, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 02 March, 2022, 09:32:56 AMPersonal all-time favourite characters, they deserve a final tale written by their original co-creator.
Cue: eight episodes where the 'gang gets back together' for the umpteenth time.

A final installment could add the twist that Hammerstein is tracking the various bots down not to recruit them, but to destroy them. Breaking his toys so no one else can use them seems a very Pat Mills thing.
You may quote me on that.

Magnetica

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 March, 2022, 08:26:15 PM
Sterling work by the Goddard droid throughout, too.

Totally.

A droid that doesn't seem to get the praise he deserves.

His work is always great to look at, with clear story telling.

What more could you want from a comic artist?

Richard

Savage, for reasons already given by others.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Magnetica on 02 March, 2022, 08:44:36 PM

For years, I couldn't quite work out what Patrick's work reminded me of and then, a couple of years ago, the penny dropped: Joe Colquhoun. There's a solidity to the work, and a confidence in the solid blacks, that really calls Colquhoun's work to mind, for me. And there's a compliment, IMO.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Huey2

A.B.C.s!
I want to see Blackblood and Mr. 10% get polished off.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 March, 2022, 09:01:19 PM

For years, I couldn't quite work out what Patrick's work reminded me of and then, a couple of years ago, the penny dropped: Joe Colquhoun. There's a solidity to the work, and a confidence in the solid blacks, that really calls Colquhoun's work to mind, for me. And there's a compliment, IMO.

Yeah I remember you saying Patrick Goddard would be the ideal artist if Charley was ever brought back in a special or such (I paraphrase there) and what I loved about his work clicked in that moment. As you say solidity, but with character and expression in spades. I mean he's not Joe Colquhorn, who is, but he's in that orbit.

broodblik

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 02 March, 2022, 09:01:19 PM

I agree and that is a great compliment.

Patrick's work for me has always been a great pleasure to watch. His Dredd story this year's art has been nothing but breathtaking. It would be awesome to see him doing one more spin on Savage
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dash Decent

Is that flamingo thing with Clint Langley eligible to go on the list, so I can ignore it?

American Reaper, that was it.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 March, 2022, 01:41:22 PM
Is that flamingo thing with Clint Langley eligible to go on the list, so I can ignore it?

Sexy Ostriches! I'd forgotten all about that. I love that American Reaper was never again referred to by its proper name.

@jamesfeistdraws

sheridan

Can I join in the Goddard love-fest?  I'm very pleased to own one of the pages from Savage (one of the ones with the Brandenburg Gate).

Link Prime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 03 March, 2022, 02:12:35 PM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 March, 2022, 01:41:22 PM

Sexy Ostriches! I'd forgotten all about that. I love that American Reaper was never again referred to by its proper name.

Holy shit, it was real.

NapalmKev

I'm a fan of American Reaper and would have liked to have seen more. A collected edition (Hachette at the very least) would be nice.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

maryanddavid

Savage, although I do think Diceman was a creation that got away, I would have loved to have read more more of his(non game) adventures.

broodblik

I will call this one on Wednesday but it looks like we have a clear leader
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

We have a clear winner

Voting closed the winner:

Savage