Main Menu

Hi there, fellow Earthlets!

Started by Green Lynx, 10 March, 2022, 02:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Lynx

Like many of you, I have been a fan of 2000 AD since childhood (I started reading in 1985) and have been reading on and off ever since. I live in Japan, so physical copies of the progs is a bit tricky so I'm a digital subscriber these days.

I'm really glad to finally join the community and I look forward to reading all the threads and getting to know you all!

Cheers!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Well super glad to have you here and you decide to join us. Is there much a of 2000ad community in Japan?

abelardsnazz

Welcome aboard, lots of fun to be had on here.

Green Lynx

Quote from: broodblik on 10 March, 2022, 02:47:39 AM
Welcome to the forum

Many thanks!

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 10 March, 2022, 07:28:12 AM
Welcome aboard, lots of fun to be had on here.

Yeah, I can already see there's an awesome bunch of peeps on here!

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 March, 2022, 06:31:24 AM
Well super glad to have you here and you decide to join us. Is there much a of 2000ad community in Japan?

Not so much for 2000 AD, but Judge Dredd is kinda popular among guys who have an eye for western comics :) Needless to say, my fellow ex-pats are aware of 2000 AD, but I'm always keen to extol the virtues of thrill-power to those who are yet to learn about it! (I often tell people that it's my biggest source of national pride - such an incredible anthology that is STILL going and on a WEEKLY basis at that!!) 

The Legendary Shark

Borags, Dude. Welcome to the thrillsylum!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

wedgeski

Barrington Boots

Konnichiwa! Welcome to the board!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dandontdare

Green Lynx

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 March, 2022, 11:00:02 AM

Borags, Dude. Welcome to the thrillsylum!

Thank you!! The weekend is finally here, so I'm gonna read some progs, watch Future Shock! on blu-ray, and generally refill my thrill-power gauge!

Quote from: Dandontdare on 10 March, 2022, 12:13:04 PM
Greetings Earthlet

Thank you and hello!

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 10 March, 2022, 11:10:08 AM
Konnichiwa! Welcome to the board!

Ohayo gozaimasu! Many thanks!!

Quote from: wedgeski on 10 March, 2022, 11:00:59 AM
Welcome aboard. :)

Cheers, amigo!

AlexF

Hello!
My big brother, who got me into the Prog in the first place, has lived in Japan for nearly 20 years. I don't think he reads the Prog any more but I send him the odd TPB for Xmas, when I am feeling generous with thbe postage fees...

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Green Lynx

Quote from: AlexF on 14 March, 2022, 09:32:09 AM
Hello!
My big brother, who got me into the Prog in the first place, has lived in Japan for nearly 20 years. I don't think he reads the Prog any more but I send him the odd TPB for Xmas, when I am feeling generous with thbe postage fees...

Hi there!

You sound like a zarjaz younger brother! Would love it if my younger brothers sent me some goodies too, but yeah, the shipping ain't cheap!

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 14 March, 2022, 10:08:59 AM
Welcome and enjoy the banter

Thank you! Gonna go out on a limb here, but I don't suppose you live in Kent? I have a friend with a name that looks quite close to yours!!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 14 March, 2022, 10:08:59 AM
Welcome and enjoy the banter

Thank you! Gonna go out on a limb here, but I don't suppose you live in Kent? I have a friend with a name that looks quite close to yours!!
[/quote]

No I'm all the way up in East Lothian
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Green Lynx

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 18 March, 2022, 06:49:23 AM
No I'm all the way up in East Lothian

Ah, I see! My mate's name is McFadyen and he's a big Rogue Trooper fan too so I did wonder!! haha