General Chat > Books & Comics

Spacewarp Presents Hellbreaker

(1/5) > >>

broodblik:
For everyone interested in Pat Mill's next Spacewarp:

https://www.millsverse.com/hellbreaker-fireintheblood/

IndigoPrime:
Wow. The inference that mainstream British comics (which means, what, 2000 AD and maybe The Phoenix?) has “fast food” thinking and “cut corners”. Hrnggg. (Also, apparently Spacewarp #1 was effectively a sampler; I thought it was originally mooted as an ongoing title.)

Funt Solo:
This news should have been released on a Tuesday, which is the traditional Mills-bashing day. As I am currently ensconced in a Thor's Day, I will simply wish him well in his new venture.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith:
i wish him well, too. but i read the thrilling news and then it descends into something irascible and unpleasant.

and then the thrill has gone.

Goosegash:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 28 April, 2022, 08:09:04 PM ---Wow. The inference that mainstream British comics (which means, what, 2000 AD and maybe The Phoenix?) has “fast food” thinking and “cut corners”. Hrnggg. (Also, apparently Spacewarp #1 was effectively a sampler; I thought it was originally mooted as an ongoing title.)

--- End quote ---

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that it's financially risky to produce an anthology at the moment hence focussing on individual stories, but...I'm also sceptical the first issue was as a much of a success as he's claiming it was. Who's buying it, exactly? Is it all middle-aged 2000AD fans or has it actually found the intended younger audience? I remain to be convinced of the latter.

It's definitely possible there may've been a bit of a drastic rethink to the publishing model and he's covering his arse a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version